Winter Event 2015

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
Johnny Leviathon
Adept Scribe

Re: Winter Event 2015

Post by Johnny Leviathon »

So in a sense you made it a bit easier?

Fate Whispers to the Warrior,
"You Cannot Withstand the Storm,"
and the Warrior Whispers Back,
"I am the Storm."
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

It was never intended for the areas surrounding the stealable items to have combat, there was something wrong with the region controller but since nobody reported it, I wasn't aware of it until I happened to check it today. Now it's back to the way it was last year, and as intended.
Johnny Leviathon
Adept Scribe

Post by Johnny Leviathon »

+Nyx wrote:It was never intended for the areas surrounding the stealable items to have combat, there was something wrong with the region controller but since nobody reported it, I wasn't aware of it until I happened to check it today. Now it's back to the way it was last year, and as intended.
Ahh well see? and here i thought I was remembering differently. lol. Thanks +Nyx for being so on top of things! I was wondering why it was soo darn hard to steal in those areas hehe.

Fate Whispers to the Warrior,
"You Cannot Withstand the Storm,"
and the Warrior Whispers Back,
"I am the Storm."
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

just stellar work with the balancing and lots of it

we know you are challenged with the palette that uo offers to get anything this detailed is wonderful indeed.

this is the year of the yoda stocking.. I feel it

very very much better, and much more active with players I notice love it
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

ok I gotta say it.. the wrapping paper is WICKED!!!
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Modifications:
- Reindeer quest: Added anti-camping measures to the stealable areas. If you are in this area, every 15 seconds or so you will receive damage and poison. It could feasibly kill you if you park in these areas for too long, so it's wise to steal your items quickly and go out. If you have very low HP, you may need to leave to heal then come back and finish your stealing.
- Gold drops reduced significantly over all areas.
- You cannot enter the Save Christmas dungeon unless you are working on the associated quest.
- All reward vouchers now display their decay duration
- Fixed an issue with Santa's Lucky Candle that was preventing it from functioning properly when worn. All pre-existing candles have also been swapped for the fixed version
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Is there any chance of extending the timer on Book 3 of the reindeer quest?

It's hard enough that a maginal quester, like myself, could need multiple session to complete it, and the 24 hour timer could prevent that.

Just that one though.
Character name: Ebony
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

My "Pest Removal" quest book is showing the Artistic elf quest at 0 left, but still not completed.

I did forget to go claim the prize once, and I haven't run the quest since it dropped to 0 left.
Character name: Ebony
Sethra Lavode
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Sethra Lavode »

The Town Criers answer that problem, Annachie.
Starfish & coffee, maple syrup & jam. Butterscotch clouds & a tangerine, side order of ham.
rainydays
Journeyman Scribe

Post by rainydays »

It would be nice if the wiki would show some additional information about the Save Christmas quest - especially about the starting sequence. I actually didn't realize that I need to start with that quest and did another one first, leaving me no option to complete it now. I was quite overwhelmed by the "you can fail that" and "you only have 30 minutes" that I chose the less important ones first ;-)

No idea if I'm alone with that issue, but it might help others.
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Post by mattwaldram »

Do you have to do the Save Christmas quest first? The impression I got from the Wiki was that - as long as you get Scrooge's book first - it really doesn't matter what order you do the quests in. I just did the quests in the order they appear in the spell book and on the Wiki, so I did start with Save Christmas, but I don't think there is a 'First' quest, as such.

+Nyx - Just wanted to throw my voice in amongst all the others saying this was a great job! First time I've been good enough to tackle the winter quests, and I've got to say I really enjoyed them. The dungeon quest was just difficult/time-consuming enough to feel a sense of achievement, without it feeling too grind-y. Really good fun.
-- In-game: Oslington Weasel
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

I have still yet to complete any winter quests this year as I am waiting until I have enough time to attempt the Grinch, Oogie and Jack already dispatched. I have thoroughly enjoyed the quest so far, as I have no relayers I feel that I am literally dicing with death every time I go in, but it's good to have the fear sometimes!

I have also completed the bracelet and earring quest the two previous years and the rewards are great.

Thank you for putting on such well though out events, they are amazingly fun! What the staff do here with OU is incredible, it's like building the Taj Mahal out of glue and macaroni! The events you are capable of always astound me!
In game name: Abarai
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

I would just like to chime in and thank you for all your efforts, especially with the Winter Quests. It's such a thrill to have this awesome Pest Control Quest line to tie it all together!

I've recently gotten another house slot so I can enter the seasonal deco contests. All these "extra" things that you bring to us are just so appreciated!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
TDC Guild
Sethra Lavode
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Sethra Lavode »

Although I think the wiki and the announcement on the quests gives all the information needed and then some, I will say this for rainy and matt: as far as I could tell, you do not have to do the quests in any special order. As long as you have the Pest Removal book in your pack, it will count them as you do them, in any order - it did for me. :lol:

Melkor, I agree with you totally!! I have a hard time writing a macro in Razor to put flax on my spinning wheel: I cannot fathom the work that goes into these quest lines. The deco handed out makes the deco contests even more spectacular (I have seen 3 players houses and MAN - there are some inventive people on this shard)!! :dance

So, thank you +N and the rest of the staff for the work and passion that goes into all this. :nod:
Starfish & coffee, maple syrup & jam. Butterscotch clouds & a tangerine, side order of ham.
rainydays
Journeyman Scribe

Post by rainydays »

Yeah I didn't have the book because I skipped the sections where "you can fail" was announced on top ;-)