Aquariums

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Re: Aquariums

Post by culichi »

got some rewards today and noticed that putting the empty chest back into the tank has same +1 happiness effect as an aquarium decoration. is the metal chest bugged or is it ok to use them as fish happiness boosters? also noticed I could store stuff inside the chest and still drop it in the aquarium.
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Post by +Arden »

Thats intended but if the aquarium contains a aquarium chest that has more than 2 or more items inside it will not give rewards
Fiacha
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Fiacha »

Oh my. I just used an axe on my very old Aquarium and got a lot of dead fish Image
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

those seahorses are worth reviving with that expensive potion fisherman npc sells
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

sorry if this is a necro...but I have no idea what's up with aquariums. I've searched the forums and can't really find much on them. Is there a wiki or a guide or GM posting out there somewhere that explains the aquarium system?

-Iago
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

Hi Iago Venport, I've been keeping alot of fish of late, drop me a pm in game and I'll see if I can help :)
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

I was trying to write a guide for the wiki, but I just didn't get round to finishing it, and as I'd never done any aquarium stuff myself I was a bit worried about putting incorrect info on there. I've included below all that I had found out and if anyone can correct or update any of it, I'll set it into a wiki page.

*Aquariums can be purchased from any fisher on the shard for 150,000 gold.

*The aquarium needs to be placed into a house to work, if you have placed it somewhere and want to move it, you can re-deed it by using an axe like other deeded house items. If you redeed it with contents, the fish will appear in your pack, but any medicine or food will be lost.

*Now that you have placed your aquarium, you can begin catching fish. To do this you will need an aquarium fish net and a fish bowl. Both of these items are again purchased from NPC fishers. You will need at least 1 bowl and 1 net. You can still catch a fish without a bowl, but if it goes into your pack without a bowl it will die within about 5 minutes unless you get it into an aquarium.

*To catch some fish, you need to find some water, any body of water will do, sea, lakes in dungeons etc., (but don’t expect it to work on something like a water trough…) Double click your net and then target the water.

*If you manage to catch a fish, it will jump into your backpack, if a bowl is available it will go into the bowl. If you fail to catch the fish your net is not used up, it is only consumed when you catch a fish.

*To transfer your new fish to your aquarium, you just need to drop the bowl containing the fish onto your aquarium.

I also have a list of fish that Miranda Ventrata curated, so I'll add that to the wiki page too, it is currently in wiki formatting, so I can't post it here as it will be unreadable.

Any amendments or updates to the info are welcome.
In game name: Abarai
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Post by +Arden »

Opopanax wrote:Any amendments or updates to the info are welcome.
Pretty much on point except for the fishing net, you now need a fishing pole and an exotic lure, poles can be crafted or bought and the lure you can get from the fisherman
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Great! Thanks for the reply. I'll make the page soon and post a link here when it's done :D
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

thank you so much for the primer, definitely helped...now the question remains...why even mess with them?
Is it like bees where you get something (wax to sell) or is it just to get the satisfaction of being able to keep
a virtual fish alive? :D

-Iago
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

I don't have any evidence, but I do think that you get things from the aquarium for having things in it for a certain amount of time, but I have no idea what they are or how long you need to keep things alive. I only log in a few times a week, or sometimes less, so I'm probably not going to be able to keep fish alive to find out!
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Post by +Arden »

Iago Venport wrote:now the question remains...why even mess with them?
The reward for keeping your fish alive and happy are deco items and a few fishing related items you can get. There are also new rewards being made.