Plant Growing Beta Signup

+Nyx
Administrator

Plant Growing Beta Signup

Post by +Nyx »

In addition to my Discussion Group beta testers, I'm looking for another 5-6 folks to help test the new plant growing system coming in Elysium.

If you're familiar with the plant system (preferably extremely familiar), and have enough time each day to log in and maintain 20-200 plants, and would like to help me beta test the new plant breeding system: sign up here!

How it will work:
- testers will be given access to a strip-gate that will move all their gear/items to the bank.
- The gate will lead to a 'private location' where each tester will have their own small house in which to grow 'new' plants
- there will be spawners centrally located that provide seeds, pots, dirt, water, and all the necessary potions. No sprinklers, as I need data each day so you'll need to maintain them by hand.
- Testers will then grow as many plants as they think they can reasonably maintain every day (but you need to be able to do at least 20 or it's not enough to really be helpful).
- Testers will log data as they go - a spreadsheet of which seeds they planted on what day, each day's health requirements (1 water, 1 poison, etc), what the plant was pollinated with, the names of resultant seeds as well as their color, and type. I will provide the spreadsheet, the tester will just need to fill it in accurately and steadily. There will be a spot for the tester to provide notes/thoughts/feedback.
- Once a batch of plants is done, the tester may continue for as long as I run this beta, cross-breeding and documenting accordingly.
- Each day when the tester is finished, they will go through another strip gate that removes anything from this area that they are carrying, and returns their own items to their pack.
- Testers will be required to sign a sort of honor-system-based-non-disclosure-agreement. This is a big, exciting update and I don't want it ruined for the non-testing plant growers.
- any tester who does a particular excellent job will be added to the pool of ore approved testers for future betas.

Requirements:
- account in good standing (no infractions resulting in jail in the last year, no harassment/drama/disrespectfulness infractions in the last year)
- account age over 6 months
- trustworthiness, maturity, and thoroughness. I will check into your activities before approving you, if you're one of those negative nancy types or someone who stirs up drama, gossips or tells tall tales, you will not be accepted. You must be someone who will not spill the beans regarding these updates, or send your screenshots/documentation to others. You must also be able to document accurately and completely.
- willingness to not have Elysium be "new" to you. Testing things will ruin surprises for you, if you'd rather enjoy Elysium as a fresh experience when it opens then this isn't for you!
- genuine desire to help develop the facet, rather than interest in bragging rights or of being rewarded.

Apply here, lemme know your character name if it's not the same or not in your signature. If you want to make a case for yourself, that's fine but keep it minimal :)

If you're approved I will be in touch with you sometime next week to get you set up for testing.
Catti-brie
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Plant Growing Beta Signup

Post by Catti-brie »

I am interested in helping.
Isaac Newton
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Isaac Newton »

Miss +Nyx!
Isaac Newton

What sad times are these when passing ruffians can say ‘Ni’ at will to old ladies.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Catti and Isaac, both approved.

Also, Isaac, that made me gigglesnort :lol:
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Post by Viirin »

Me me me!
You already know I hound every seed I can, the second I can.

At home I don't maintain a huge amount of seeds, but that's not because I'm too busy, I just... don't.
But doing this? Yes. I do have time. Since potions and water would be available; I could totally do 50-200. I'll see as time progresses. And I actually really enjoy filling out spreadsheets :D

I use them for things that don't even require it.

I've been growing plants on OSI for... I don't know, it seems like at least ten years. I train all my guild members and anyone else that asks in-game on this shard (and have on others) on how to crossbreed color and type and all that jazz.

Me me me!
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

Yes please, I've already created a spreadsheet to start recording results for new hues from naturalist seeds so another project and spreadsheet to record would be great, and loving all this newness *excitement overload* got plenty of time to look after a hundred or so maybe more
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Golden, you're already included in the Discussion group testing panel. You won't have to apply separately to the public test groups. :)

Viirin, approved.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

We're about to begin testing - I could use 4 more folks if anyone is interested.
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Post by Viirin »

Let me see if I can get a couple people that are working in tandem with me on the new hue discoveries...
Oni_Noquar
Passer by

Post by Oni_Noquar »

I am available for testing my character name is Belita, and all i really do ingame is tend to my plants and bees.
Kensi
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Kensi »

I am able to help if you haven't started the beta yet. :)