Seed Boxes

Sethra Lavode
Grandmaster Scribe

Seed Boxes

Post by Sethra Lavode »

Hello fellow seed collectors! I am sure you have all been as excited as I am about the new seeds now attainable on the shard: woot to the staff (I believe it was +N) for making this happen. Thank you :nod:

The seed boxes we have on the shard have a space for the seeds you get from the Naturalist: those no longer work. Nor, it seems, do any of the other slots in the box if the seed is not already identified. Ok...there used to be a way around that: plant the seed and it would tell you what it is, then you empty the pot. That no longer works either.

If this keeps up, the shard and player houses are going to be flooded with loose seeds...so, what is the point of the seed box, that we bought? I understand not knowing what type bonsai from the quest - but it is now that, unless you actually grow the plant and harvest the seeds, you have no clue what type of seed you have. I am not sure this is the best way to go...just my opinion.

:dance
Starfish & coffee, maple syrup & jam. Butterscotch clouds & a tangerine, side order of ham.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Seed Boxes

Post by +Nyx »

As I said in response to your page earlier, coli will fix the naturalist seed issue. The point of the seed box is obviously to store the seeds listed in its menu. It does what you paid for it to do, it's just experiencing a minor bug for those naturalist seeds at the moment.

As for other seeds, they'll be able to be stored in a new seed box available in Elysium. Also coming in Elysium will be a plant box.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Thank you +Nyx.
I was kinda worried that you broke something with all the new seed stuff you're doing.
Good to know that things will be fixed soon. Image
Character name: Ebony
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

It actually started a couple weeks ago after a reboot, not sure how or why but we got a page about it awhile back and coli hasn't had a chance to address it yet (as he's been working really hard on scripting for Elysium, so I try hard not to distract him from that :lol:) but it'll get fixed soon enough :)
Sethra Lavode
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Sethra Lavode »

Yep, yep - you covered my page, +N: +C has to look into it. Thing is, one of the players I spoke with talked with +C about it in a 'Help' page: and the player is under the impression that it will just be this way. That is the only reason I put in a post about it. Some players are not comfortable with asking the +'s about things....but seeing as how you all are here for us, we should ask, politely, and not be snarky: right? I am hoping we get the same return. :dance
Starfish & coffee, maple syrup & jam. Butterscotch clouds & a tangerine, side order of ham.
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

Looking foward to the new seed boxes, as a plant enthusiast this quest is an exciting development.

Are there any plans for more plant types or even trees(deeds) to be bought?

Feedback for the bonsai quest is - love the plants :D however can there either be a greater spawn on stone gargoyles or less granite grit required to complete, the only other heart breaking part of the quest is having to part with 8 beautiful decorative plants.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

I suspect that that gargoyl problem will diminish as time goes on.
if you hit a quiet time it takes 4 or 5 rooms to complete. If lots of people are doing it, well I did go about an hour without seeing one.
as time goes on there wont be quite so many people doing it, or so I believe.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

As for +C, there are some changes coming soon-ish that will be in preparation for Elysium updates that may affect some old-world seeds, however the last I heard from him it wouldn't affect the naturalist seeds' ability to be placed into seed boxes. That's something that has gone back and forth, but if it's settled on that they won't go into the old seed boxes anymore, there'll be an actual announcement regarding that. To my knowledge the current problem is a bug/oopsie, rather than a conscious change.

Yep, Elysium will feature entirely new growables as well as new colors of plants and new pollination/mutation colors and types. Further, there will also be growable cooking ingredients (fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, etc), growable trees, bushes, and more. Some will be grown in soil tiles, other in plant pots. Other gardening additions will include greenhouses, cultivation patches, pollination tools, compost heaps, cloning tools, rejuvenation potions, cooking recipes (based on the growable ingredients), the horticulture BOD system, and so on.

Gargoyles - there's already over 100 of them that spawn in the dungeon, it's an extremely high number. I can't really increase them without making the dungeon completely unreasonable for the younger players. However, Annachie is right - once the quest has been out awhile, it'll settle down. Any time we open anything new, the first week or two is a mad dash and everything's camped so much it's hard to complete. Then things slow down and it ends up being noticeably easier. I intended for this quest to take under an hour, once things aren't quite so 'new' with it.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Realized I'd teased the Greenhouses in my Elysium discussion group and never moved it to the public forums, so here's a few pics of those:

Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

I suppose it would be slightly amusing for the seed boxes to only accept seeds that you know what they are, and for the item identification skill to be able to determine what type of seed an unknown seed is. Probably starting at lvl 100 or something.