Elysium Building Project applications

+Nyx
Administrator

Elysium Building Project applications

Post by +Nyx »

Well I figure I may as well get going on screening and selecting some more folks to build structures for Elysium, so here we go :)

What this is: I've got lots and lots of plans for various quests in Elysium and one of the things I want to see more of and am therefore going to create, is random encounters. Finding buildings in the wilderness with an npc to get a quest from, or a structure where you may find a very cool stealie, rare spawn, etc. I thought it'd be a neat thing to have players make some of these buildings themselves, and have them become permanent installations in the facet.

How it works: Chosen players will be given access to our private test shard. They'll make an account and be given GM powers, instructed how to use them, and given a specific location on which to build. I'll either specify what the building will be used for, or what type of building I need, or in some cases I may leave it mostly up to the player. The player will then be able to build during hours when I'm available to supervise (access to the test shard will be limited or revoked except during these times). Once they're done, I'll examine and approve the design then port the building over to the live shard and a plaque will be placed on it to signify who built it.

How to apply:
1. Post here. Please include:
- your player name (if different from forum username)
- game coordinates to any buildings that display your deco skills
- what type of design interests you most (evil, elegant, flowery, etc)
- what hours you are generally available
- what makes you want to participate in this project?
- any other pertinent information or "qualifications" you wish me to consider

Alternately, if for some reason you'd like your application to be private, you can apply via email. Send all the above requested info to: nyx@uoex.net . If you're chosen your name will still be made public, but if you are not approved it will not be.

Please note that participating in this project means you'll be working closely with me, on something that will become a permanent part of a larger project which has been my 'baby' for years. If you think you can't manage to get along with me, save us both the time and don't apply. I've got a clear vision of what I want and I will not be afraid to tell someone 'no' if I don't like something. You need to be the type of person who can hear that and not take it personally or turn it into drama. I won't approve anyone who I think I can't work with or who I don't think has creativity and skill that I will find useful for my needs. If you're approved, then I will expect you to conduct yourself in a mature, polite manner and you'll receive the same from me. I'd very much like to be on friendly terms with everyone I choose for this, if not at first then at least by the end. It should be a fun process for both of us, not stressful! :)

Anyone who pulls any nonsense - letting others know the test server information, sharing their test server account info, becoming an obnoxious braggart about having been chosen (lording it over others or indicating it gives you special privileges on the shard because you're interacting closely with a staffer, etc), or doing anything generally nefarious, deceitful, obnoxious or rude in relation to this project will of course result in your removal from it and possibly worse. Fair warning!

I'll be working with the first player in line for this beginning hopefully this week, so next in line might be able to begin in a few weeks, possibly a month or so. If you'd like me to gauge your skill based on your deco contest entry when it's done, include that in your post and I'll make a note of it.
Fiernocht
Legendary Scribe

Re: Elysium Building Project applications

Post by Fiernocht »

fiernocht, of course

my house is at 30 14N 29 44E malas.

I can do just about any design but i prefer evil/regal not quite elegant but somewhere in between evil and elegant.

Im generally available any time but i can be found online all evening from noon to midnight CST usually

I just think it would be a fun project to do, and also possibly rebuild my relationships with the gms and all.

as for other qualifications, i have the usual Ive been a gm on another shard, but it was years ago. I dont think id have any trouble learning how to do stuff. ive dabbled with pandora a bit -i think thats the name of the tool-
“No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell.”
― C.G. Jung
Alpharius
Master Scribe

Post by Alpharius »

Alpharius

Houses are at 126 33 N 35 34W (Magda)
(I also designed the Ikea Excelsior building)

If you need a pyramid with lots of skulls, and evil temple full of nastiness or big imposing structures, I am the dude to go to.

I can be available at any time, just let me know. I'm a teacher and it's summer, so my schedule is wide open.

I think pyramids are neat, I enjoy building houses, and we could always use more evil pyramids full of creepy things.

Also, I'm really easy to work with, I take instructions well and I wanna contribute something.
Alpharius (verb) - To do something stupid yet hilarious.
Ishamael
Elder Scribe

Post by Ishamael »

I would like to use my contest entry as my deco model.

28, 39 N; 33,28 E Magda

I like outdoor ruins and would love to do something on a larger scale.

I am starting a new job finally. Got my HVAC certification and just landed my first job in the field. I should be available 6pm to midnight though I may not be on all of that time.
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

108 22N 177 53W Please note all areas are not complete. However all the main floor is and the bar on the second floor. Also the bedroom, library, bakery. From the front there are 3 teles, one goes to the Guild house, please disregard that, but the other 2 go to underground areas; an evil area and a prison, they are complete as well.

I’m interested in mostly all designs. I don’t like over crowded deco everywhere. I like simple, nice and realistic. I’m not a giant fan of evil, I’d rather do another type project if possible.

I’m available EST 6-12 weeknights. Weekends are hit or miss. I might be around a lot or not at all. If I’m selected for this project, it will interest my greatly I’ll be keen to work on it regularly.

I’m interested in this project because I really enjoying building and deco. Also I think being able to add something lasting to the shard would be pretty epic.

I’d like to say that I worked on shard building on a friends shard (that never ended up opening lol) I built and decoed a variety of buildings (including roofs) using the Staff building commands and the GM tool. I also used UO fiddler to find items, then I'd rename and dye them to make interesting deco. I’d need to get familiar with the commands again, but I’ll pick it up again quickly. Also, I don’t see a problem with us getting along or taking direction from you.

Thanks for your consideration

Melkor
TDC Guild
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Melkor:

Ishamael:

Fiernocht:

Alpharius:
Pending - At this time I don't have any quests/etc lined up that would require a building in your style, but that doesn't mean I won't later on as things progress.

Applications are still being accepted for anyone wanting to participate. I'll keep accepting them until I've got enough folks lined up for the rough number of buildings I've got in mind :)
GrundyGolem
Apprentice Scribe

Post by GrundyGolem »

Player Name: GrundyGolem
My Main Home: Magda Latitude: 96 degrees 30 Minutes North Longitude 21 degrees 5 Minutes East (green portal on upper floor of house gates with my name on it) the second floor is unfinished due to summer quest trading and lack of items I desire to put in the open space.
I like to design all kinds of buildings I have a pretty good working knowledge of how the roofing tiles work I will do what I can to adjust to the needs that you approach me with.
My Hours are pretty flexible I am a 100% disabled veteran I have a heap of time available to help with the project if you can use me or give me a chance.
I have a general want to help and I am infatuated with Ultima Online and grateful for what the server has to provide and would like to help make it an ever more awe inspiring server.
I wish I could say I had some I did the counselor program on origin servers before EA took over not really sure that would help me much with building and decorating areas but I am confident that i would be an asset to helping if given the chance.
Ishamael
Elder Scribe

Post by Ishamael »

:dance Sweet! :dance Thank you +Nyx!
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

+Nyx wrote:Melkor:
Thank you!
TDC Guild
Fiernocht
Legendary Scribe

Post by Fiernocht »

Thanks +Nyx!
“No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell.”
― C.G. Jung
AcidBern
Elder Scribe

Post by AcidBern »

Player Name: AcidBern

Buildings:
Malas 98o, 31'N 6o 53'W - This is my current home. I designed it and deco'd it from top to bottom.

Trammel 75o 8'S 39o 1'E - This is going to be our deco contest house. I cannot claim all the credit for this as there are two or 3 of us working on it.

I also built the Guild Hall / Bar which was next to ETA's guildhouse. Unfortunately we have already dropped the building and its been redone now. +Req and +Col both saw the place, I think you (+Nyx)

Design Interests: I am good with traditional/functional housing like cottages and homes. I am also good with large commercial style public buildings like the bar or guild hall, or even NPC style shops.

Hours: I work overnight Central Standard Time, but I am on call and home quite a bit in the evenings. I am usually available from 11pm to 4am and then I am off during the day and available from about 10am until 4pm. The kids are gonig back to school in 2 weeks so my day time hours will be completely free. Again I am in Central Standard Time

Reasons: I have been waiting for Elysium since shortly after I started this shard. I even pester +Nyx about it every chance I get. I also would like to do something permanent for the shard. The last public building I did ended up coming down with the decline of a guild.

Other info: I have played with RunUO and Pandora in the past. I ran a free shard for a short time, but was unable to get enough traffic with competition such as Excelsior and the other un named free shards. So, I have some experience with the "secret side" of UO lol. I will need a refresher of course ;)

I am available and willing to help with any project you have +Nyx. And we will have no problem getting along. We have talked before and I think we are both level headed enough to work together =)
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Acid, you're approved. Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner, been a lot going on and I forgot to check in, your other post reminded me :)

I'll try to start taking some of you on the test server for training this month, schedule permitting.
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

My cords are 40°41'N , 32°12'E for my malas house and 108° 32'S, 14° 54'W for my trammel home

I am no computing expert however I loveeee to deco, my style is flowery, nature, elegant and pretty stuff (I can do amazing stuff let loose on a yard wand :D - I've made a swimming pool, a tree house-well tree platform for walking up and viewing, baths, hottubs, ponds, gardens etc..) - Don't know if you can use my skills but I'd love to be of help and make a contribution if needed

Usually free 7 - 7 on and off server time

Golden Temptress :)
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Temptress also approved.

I think I'll hold off on accepting any more people until a few of the others have completed something.

Everyone who's in the approved list: please email me (nyx@uoex.net) your gtalk address, if you use it. If you don't, I'll have to try to work with you last (I'm only using gtalk and IM will be relatively necessary for this as you'll likely have lots of questions and I will need to be doing other things as well as monitoring you on the test server). I'm planning to try and start training 2 of you week after next, and go from there.
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

Gtalk is new to me. Are you referring to this?

https://www.gtalk.us/pinless/
TDC Guild