Novice Scribe

Re: Quest rewards

Post by Zodiac »

Ill set alarms for that!!!
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

+Nyx wrote: which comes with such a good theme the rewards will be easy. ;)
There's a large part of your battle right there. Of course the next big part is to try and add rewards without needing to do a graphics patch. (Or plan enough of them that it's worth patching :) )
Character name: Ebony
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

UOEX will not be able to have another graphics or animations patch ever unless +C upgrades us to a newer version of runuo and a newer UO expansion (which means essentially recreating the shard from scratch, so you can imagine how likely that is :lol:). What we have now is what we have, period. The good news is there are absolute tons of things I added that y'all just haven't seen yet :)
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

Unique treasure chests. They would have different designs on them. Maybe one somewhat resembles a black dragon... Each should hold at least 125 items.

It would be really cool if it took 2 or 3 stacked on top of each other to get the image.
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

+Nyx wrote:UOEX will not be able to have another graphics or animations patch ever unless +C upgrades us to a newer version of runuo and a newer UO expansion (which means essentially recreating the shard from scratch, so you can imagine how likely that is :lol:). What we have now is what we have, period. The good news is there are absolute tons of things I added that y'all just haven't seen yet :)
Hadn't actually crawled through the mul's yet so I didn't realise that they were full.
Character name: Ebony
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

how about just goofy quest rewards based on radio and comic book scams aimed at kids but with some limited benefits that wont compete against stuff that people farm for money.
x-ray specs- sunglasses that cant be used for relayers or appearance change and have some stats like 6/6/6 and a little sdi or ssi.

little orphan annie decoder ring- similar stats as x-ray specs

sea monkeys- a renamed water pitcher or jar

kryptonite rocks- recycled rock or rocks graphic

hover craft- must be some old graphic that fits it and maybe have a message anytime you double click to use like "doesn't seem to be working today try again tomorrow"

life size monster- a tall wall banner similar to the undead banner from last year but taller so its "life size"

P.F. Flyers- a sneakers scam from the 60s that advertised huge improvemts in athletic prowes if you wore the sneaker. maybe add some stats like the serpent skin boots nothing that would compete with batwings but still nice for newer players.

a book of Charles atlas lessons

a submarine model like the ship model that give a "this water is not deep enough try somewhere else" message anytime you double click it

I would love a collection like this but maybe too goofy or useless for most players