Quest rewards

+Nyx
Administrator

Quest rewards

Post by +Nyx »

I'm going to try to get some time to work on a new month-long quest for June that will work similarly to my other temporary quests (like the St. Patty's, Valentine's Day, and Spring quests). I'm running a bit low on mind-blowingly-neat deco rewards, though, as a lot of things are reserved for Touria and Elysium. :)

I'm open to reasonable suggestions on things you guys would enjoy receiving as quest rewards, that would motivate y'all to run these quests many times during the month.

(Example: Reasonable - flowers in different colors than previously available. Unreasonable - SoT's)

So far, suggestions have been:
- banners in different styles/colors than currently available
- gold

I'll refer back to this thread as I work on the new quest(s). Provided I ever get time >.<

- +N
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Re: Quest rewards

Post by culichi »

how about old osi server birth rares or even some of the old osi exploit rares like the potion keg container?

couldn't find much on uo server birth rares and a lot of the ones I did see were already added in game so not rare anymore. ill keep looking but these two links have images on some of them.

http://www.uorares.com/Database/ItemCat ... erlist.php

http://geocities.bootstrike.com/Eleonar ... trues.html
Last edited by culichi on Tue May 12, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

can you find me some pictures of what you mean?
Zodiac
Novice Scribe

Post by Zodiac »

I was just thinking that... like the wires dried herbs and flowers old school tool kit and arrow shafts I found a link on this page scroll down some on the page. http://stratics.com/items/daily-and-stealable-rares/
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Full size dragon and drake statues in various colors

Magic Weapon components - randomly awarded specific components. If you get a set (questing and trading with other players) you can turn in the components for a decent weapon suitable as a starter for relayering. I.e. no weapon hits but some resists and similar niceties.

Maybe a mix of gathering and crafting. Get an ornate hilt, a steel blank, 1 full keg of greater explosion and 3 rivets. The quest smith will make a blaze-color blade of global warming with various stats including +30 cold resistance.

+5 skill ball

Bullfighter's Cape, a red bonus +1 taming cloak (better for July maybe)
Isaac Newton
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Isaac Newton »

For the banners, I am thinking about the Irish flag tri-banner in the colors of other countries. Maybe a series for the top countries on the front page flag counter.

Or in game banners (could be in various colors):
the two all over Jhelom
nice tapestry and banner in left room of youth center
the red and white and grey/black snake banners from Blackthorn's castle

Isaac Newton
Isaac Newton

What sad times are these when passing ruffians can say ‘Ni’ at will to old ladies.
Zodiac
Novice Scribe

Post by Zodiac »

That would be neat the front page flags!!!
darkfiend
Novice Scribe

Post by darkfiend »

Personally, I like scary looking stuff. I'm new to this shard, so I'm not sure what's already available. Stuff like guillotines, torture devices, skulls, body parts, blood and bloody items and the like.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

It would require a graphics patch, so is not really reasonable for this, but different paintings.

Carpet.

I've always liked the old busts that used to drop.
Snow Globes. (Though they already do pop up in a couple of quests think)

I think I've mentioned the model boats before.

For the trueley rare drop, a pond or similar for the garden.
Character name: Ebony
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

A lot of these things are already available. Tapestries are available as part of Tailoring, the banners from the various cities can be purchased from the staff. A large selection of new paintings are in the deco room. All of the old-style stealables are available either as stealables, or dropped in other systems (some are part of the t-maps updates). Mini boats are in the Valentine's day quest, snow globes during winter. Busts can be made with wax-working. Some others just aren't possible, such as country-specific flags and customized carpets (I have actually created USA, UK and Canadian flag-banners in the patch but they will be made available in the facets).

This is the trouble with making multi-reward quests :) We have to take care not to add reward items that are already available elsewhere, as that will then gimp/ruin/steal profit from other areas in the game. Feel my pain, shardlings! :lol:
Zodiac
Novice Scribe

Post by Zodiac »

How about making special fertile dirt that will instantly grow your rare bonsai seeds from spring quest.
make it so you have to get a special pot and dirt and maybe a potion or something.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Zodiac wrote:How about making special fertile dirt that will instantly grow your rare bonsai seeds from spring quest.
make it so you have to get a special pot and dirt and maybe a potion or something.
Which you'll have.

...in Elysium.

This is my predicament, most of the coolest ideas I have are already slated for the facets :)

Oh, but I did just come up with a FREAKIN' BRILLIANT quest idea. I'm gonna shelve my previous idea in favor of this one, which comes with such a good theme the rewards will be easy. ;)
Zodiac
Novice Scribe

Post by Zodiac »

Good I cant wait to see what your going to do next!!!
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

account bound raffle tickets for a truly spectacular prize like totem or ancient titans hammer :woot:
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

culichi wrote:account bound raffle tickets for a truly spectacular prize like totem or ancient titans hammer :woot:
That idea, I like. I wonder if enough people would run the quest every few hours for the tickets though. Maybe if the tickets were the rarest part of a larger reward rotation... hrm. Definitely will mull that one over :)