Legend of Zelda Themed Event

Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Legend of Zelda Themed Event

Post by Sir Blood »

Wouldn't it be cool if someone took an area of the map and made a legend of zelda area.

While there are a few weapons from zelda that don't exist here like the boomerang... Most everything could be doable.

Strip all players of everything, people start off with the same weapon which would have unlimited durability.

There really isn't any limit to how amazing this could be!!!
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Re: Legend of Zelda Themed Event

Post by Sir Blood »

The client could support an old school version of zelda.

Having walls that can be bombed but look normal might be a little more difficult to accomplish, but several dungeons have doors that are hidden. Maybe a special type of basket could be randomly placed, the act of bombing the wall could be placing a 'bomb' item into the basket. (making the wall despawn) This could unlock a door for that person by trading a 'key' to the basket. In order to throw people off, a lot of extra baskets could be placed here and there.

Perhaps have a hidden item in the players backpack that keeps track of doors they unlocked (until they leave the area or logout), if a door is unlocked have a torch or lantern that lights up when they are close, when the light is on, the door is temporarily unlocked.

Keys could work in much the same way as the bombs would.

Heart containers could simply be a piece of armor with special properties on it. Or they could work like the excelsior sandals, where they give properties by being inside the players backpack.

It could be made a little more difficult by making a lot of monsters highly resistant to different types of damage, that way a wind damage bow (or sword) could kill some things in 1 or 2 shots where a regular damage bow/sword might not do any damage...

Not every creature will drop gold, the ones that do will only drop a few coins. Having practically only usable items drop, would make using [claimall very useful. Could also give a few gold bonus (extra incentive for players to use [claimall. Having monster corpses decay about the same time as it takes for most corpses to be claimable by anyone.

Disabling party play in the area would diminish chances of players teaming up and sort of 'cheating' to get through the area faster than normal.
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
NME
Elder Scribe

Post by NME »

What about bomber man. We already have throw-able explosion potions...lets make'em deal 1000 dmg hehehehehe

I thought you intended something else to be honest, however I like the idea. Would the concept go around a save the damsel in distress after finding the master sword? Could we get tri force logo shields?
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

The sky is the limit just so long as we get the GM's approval ^_^
- Main Floor Housegates