Pet Breeding

Highroller
Legendary Scribe

Pet Breeding

Post by Highroller »

I would like to propose that the fail rates for breeding pets be revisited. I had 15 out of 20 attempted crosses fail today. Yes they were maxed or near maxed pets but failing 3/4 of the time is a bit over the top considering imprisoned pets killed the market for pets years ago. I mean breeders for all practical purposes breed now for fun. Its not fun when you fail on 3/4 of your cross attempts.

Update, have done a little better since the 5 out of 20 but its still less than 1/3 success overall.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Re: Pet Breeding

Post by culichi »

I feel your pain but I think its a good thing breeding is so hard or wed have too many vendors selling maxxed mules and nobles
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

I can live with the fail rates. I could do without the sterile breeds. Oh, you thought that line was going to max? Surprise!
Highroller
Legendary Scribe

Post by Highroller »

Yup after getting 40% to 50% steriles in the 4th gen of 7 backbreeding programs in a row a few years ago I left the shard for an extended time. It may be 5% steriles overall but when they consistently clump at the worst time over and over and over it just hard to even TRY anymore.
Ack! Natural Sunlight. I must flee to my coffin!!!
aaron
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by aaron »

My failure rate on max pets went from ~80% failure to about about 50% for a good month now. I was convinced that changes were made after I complained in a forum post a while back, but based on what everyone else tells me I guess I'm just on a hot streak.