Unused / Underutilized Areas

+Nyx
Administrator

Unused / Underutilized Areas

Post by +Nyx »

I'm working on a new quest which will be comprised of "easter eggs" as it were, and as part of the quest I'm looking for some spots that aren't being used or are underutilized. This could mean cool buildings in/around towns which are empty, particularly in towns we don't often use for quests. It could also mean rooms of dungeons which aren't very populated or aren't well known. It could be a cool building/spot in the middle of nowhere.

If you know of any such places, post them here - uoam screenshots would be helpful if it's a hard-to-describe route/location. Obviously, these places must be open to the public (not your personal homes or places restricted by account age/etc).

- +N
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Re: Unused / Underutilized Areas

Post by Annachie »

I've always wanted to see the maze better used. Make the spawn easier so newer players can use it. Make a quest in there that could interest the inter's and vets. Block recall and teleporting, because it's a maze after all.

Put an interesting dungeon entrance in the middle.

The tower over the sorcerer dungeon in Ilsh. (I think that's the one) There's no reason to go there and really there should be. It;s a cool looking place. iirc OSI has a quest in there.

Make a copy of the Thunder dome that a guild or group can rent out. Basically a Thunder dome but not open access.
Basically was thinking a guild could use ot for events, or even run their own hunger games comps. (Setting it up with a hunger games type option would be cool too, just not sure of the scripting load.) Add an option for those robes that even out the stats even.
Character name: Ebony
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

These are cool ideas, but I'm not really looking for quest ideas here - just spots to use. I've already got the quest I'm working on designed, I just need spots for the NPC's and such and wasn't coming up with anything cool off the top of my head.

You generally seem to be full of interesting suggestions, Annachie (particularly in the Inbetweenies discussion group!); if you have other quest themes/ideas, feel free to start a thread here in the Development forum. Maybe some will inspire me or one of the other staffers :)
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Can I reiterate my idea for a cat champ spawn in tram wind park? ;)

Sorry, didn't mean to suggest quests, just locations for use in quests, and possible levels. If levels is the right word here.
Character name: Ebony
Baxster
Adept Scribe

Post by Baxster »

The Court of Truth Northwest of Yew has always been deserted whenever I've been there. The attached prison across the bridge with all its hidden doorways and escape passages is a favorite of mine and it'd be neat to see someone or something in the empty jail cells.

Apologies if that area is already used for something, I did a search of the forums and wiki and couldn't find anything.
Ishamael
Elder Scribe

Post by Ishamael »

I always enjoyed coming here as a younger player, and still stop by every now and then to kill the Balron. always thought more could be done here. Image

Also, there are those ruins NE of yew, filled with undead, and the cave system located under Bucs Den. I have found my in there a couple times, totally unused.
nartok
Novice Scribe

Post by nartok »

Mistas On Ilsh is a cool area but not used very much at all
Ishamael
Elder Scribe

Post by Ishamael »

Here are pics of the undead warren near yew.

korndogg
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by korndogg »

Despise is a low level dungeon that I doubt gets used, other than to run to Terra, then Deceit. A reason to wonder would be nice, has a few levels.
Randy Marsh
Ishamael
Elder Scribe

Post by Ishamael »

Don't mean to blast this thread with pics, but here is an area not used at all, and not even accessible except by accident. The Caves below Bucs Den.

I first discovered these caves back on the Original Origin server. It wasn't even used there. There are a few spots where you will fall through the forest floor, and get here.
Svytlich
Novice Scribe

Post by Svytlich »

General places in towns one might consider:

Delucia Inn, I love this building, dont know why, I want to own it haha.
Lord British's Castle or the other castle to the north, havent been through in awhile and don't know if it is used for somethign else.
Fighting Pit in Jhelom.

A few ideas for in town.
MartyNosmont
Passer by

Post by MartyNosmont »

If I may suggest, there is all of east brit has nothing there, It is never really used for anything.
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

Haven Crossover.JPG
Haven Crossover.JPG (69.31 KiB) Viewed 5382 times
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

Haven Tent.JPG
Haven Tent.JPG (57.75 KiB) Viewed 5390 times