Speed up filling kegs

Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Speed up filling kegs

Post by Sir Blood »

Most of the game is about making things more convenient for the players, but to use alchemy to fill a keg takes forever. You could spend hours refilling potion kegs...

I would suggest making an option to use multiple charges from the tool and make potions/ fill kegs faster. Might require either a new tool or may just require a check box in the gump to do it.

I would suggest 20 to be a good number. (20 uses used at a time) That would fill kegs faster.

Those arguing that it might make full potion kegs prices go down... they are already too cheap if you allow for the time taken to fill them. To make money on the potion kegs, one would have to almost do it using AFK macroing (Codex violation?) as I don't think most players would spend 3-5 hours a day sitting at a computer while the potion making script runs in the background...
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: Speed up filling kegs

Post by Wil »

Howdy,

Per http://www.uoex.net/codex

Macroing allowed, even while you are away from keyboard, except for activities listed in rule 4.c
4c. you must not be away from keyboard while: killing creatures, fishing, gathering ore/wood/leather/wool/plants, taming animals

making potions = killing creatures? No...
making potions = fishing? No...
making potions = gathering ore, wood, leather, wool, plants, etc? No...
making potions = taming animals? No...
making potions = crafting, like tailoring or blacksmithy? Why, yes. Yes, it is.

Crafting an AFK violation? Not according to the codex.

Apologies for acting a bit snotty. Players have warned me about any number of AFK violations that just aren't in the black and white. There are a couple of border cases (is leveling pets on a personal home trainer deemed killing creatures even though nothing can possibly die?) but filling potion kegs really isn't one of them.

I wouldn't mind a "fill up keg" button in the mortar and pestle gump. A "pull reagents from spellcaster's keys" capability would be even more welcome.

Still I have to tell you, that isn't the most sorely lacking multiple-action button on a gump. A "fill remaining" double-arrow button on the pet ability points gump would be very welcome. Clicking a couple hundred times per animal there is going to wear out my mouse. Or my finger. Or both.

Regards,
Wil
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Re: Speed up filling kegs

Post by Sir Blood »

The GM's have several times clarified in world chat that AFK macroing applies to activities that can make the user money. One can presume that potion kegs 'can' be sold for a profit... (even if the player is only filling 50 of them for their own use...)

Anyway, the real thing is that it takes forever to fill potion kegs (main use is bee-keeping, but there are other uses for them) Roughly 5 minutes give or take PER keg to fill...

if using multiple charges takes as long per application then (each potion takes roughly 3 seconds)
100 times to fill = about 5 minutes per keg <-- This is what it is currently
10 times to fill = about 30 seconds per keg
5 times to fill = about 15 seconds per keg

That would increase a lot of player's enjoyment level of the game!

On a related note, if ointments worked as well as essences... click the stack of essences it says it will apply the whole stack... now if that could be applied to ointments... both making them and applying them... ^_^
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's