Imp Suggestion

Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Re: Imp Suggestion

Post by Gaara »

Agony wrote: One thing it will do away with for sure though is excess boredom due to the inability to just run around and release imps on everything with no consequence.
I disagree, boredom is completely up to the player, whether or not he/she decides to release em :)
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

Gaara wrote:I disagree, boredom is completely up to the player, whether or not he/she decides to release em :)
The "own all' option is there though, making pets and bio's worthless. Everyone strives for the strongest items available. Naturally everyone strives for imps because they are an easy bypass around the pet system. Every new player I have known has gone straight to imps, using bred pets as an alternative until they reached their imp goals (after which, they are forever exempt from having to use the pet system because they have immortal pets). Yeah it's up to the player, but how many people do you know use a weaker system than what they have available to them?
...Dimiir Borgu
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

Yoda wrote:I agree that they do destructive things to the system of taming, and bios. but as it was pointed out to you bio creation is a very rich player's arena, due to the luck gear requirements. and removing imps altogether has the impact of taking another revenue source away from less well to do players.
The luck system regarding bio's is controlled by the admin. It's in the code. If you play other shards, you will notice that this varies. Maybe it can be lowered so that it is fair for players over payers.
*edit*
I know that this is somewhat far fetched because it messes with the donations, but the luck system here is so ridiculous because of the high luck requirements for bio's and other stuff that it actually drives players away once they see the requirements to get ahead in these fields.

*oh, and edit*
To donate for 4k luck (talking about adding this to your relayers) you need like 400 bucks (give or take). Not many people donate for that because the only benefit from it is bio's. Now, eliminate imps. Now bio's are worth tons of gold and the demand is high. Donations will actually go -up- because of this, because people will want to be part of the supply.
...Dimiir Borgu
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

However eliminated imps altogether is a rather unrealistic suggestion, it may seem logical to do but I am sure staff could give you a better pile of reasons then I every could as to how that just won't happen
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

Yoda wrote:However eliminated imps altogether is a rather unrealistic suggestion, it may seem logical to do but I am sure staff could give you a better pile of reasons then I every could as to how that just won't happen
I'm sure they could. I'm just thinking about how this shard could be so much better.

*edit*
I have yet to see staff give any reasons here. Maybe this is just logical. :nod:
...Dimiir Borgu
korndogg
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by korndogg »

I just want a pet change deed. Allowing me to change my imp to something other than a squirrel, adopting its new properties while keeping stats. That may not solve your complaint. But I think it would revitalize and add a lot of variety to the pet system.
Randy Marsh
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

korndogg wrote:I just want a pet change deed. Allowing me to change my imp to something other than a squirrel, adopting its new properties while keeping stats. That may not solve your complaint. But I think it would revitalize and add a lot of variety to the pet system.
Great idea! That would add huge possibilities in the taming trade. As long as imps are here though, it would be useless. Useless in a sense where, who would bother trading an imp except for another imp?
This is not a complaint though, it's just a suggestion after looking at the flatlining of taming for 5 years due to one item that overpowers the entire taming trade.
...Dimiir Borgu
Dementika
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Dementika »

i fail to see any sense in your reply agony, basically you want to have imps removed, so that people with 7200 luck (perhaps yourself) who donated alot of money, can be the ones making the most golds with bio... thats pretty much what i understand from all of your replys. Why do you want so badly that the veteran be holding the entire economy in their hand.

From my experience so far, i've done 37 lady mel and 3 travesty, and i have yet to get a single imp drop, they are rare and worth alot. As rare as they are, they should be strong, its pretty basic farm rewards to me.

They are in no way more damaging than the relayer system.

From my perspective as a new player, you can do either 2 things as a tamer :

1. breed and level, time consuming but rather cheap goldwise as you dont have to do anywhere near the ammount of ointment as option 2

2. buy imp for a ridiculously high price compared to all other pet, and have to waste even more ridiculous ammount of coins to oint them to tank for you

Option 2 is stronger, its true, but it also cost around 50 times more than option 1

If imps are so damageable for the server, perhaps they should remove the pet leveling system, the weapon leveling system, the relayer system, the dex affecting healing, remove the no skill cap and god knows what else as all of those are damageable. The base system (aka osi) is not made for any of those, so obviously it make the basic content unchallenging to have any of those. The fix is simply to create new content balanced around all of those asset we have on excelsior instead of trying to make the basic crap that everyone fought millions of time worth fighting.

I'll end by saying that so far, my 5 imps are not maxed, i have 14 million coins invested, had i choosen to invest it in gear instead of pet, then i'm sure you would agree that i would be pretty much just as strong. Some players prefer pet over yumi or ornate axes, perhaps you personally find it annoying when you see someone with 5 imp or 5 nobles in your champion spawn, or doing peerless, but they have the right to play just like you do.
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

Dementika wrote:i fail to see any sense in your reply agony, basically you want to have imps removed, so that people with 7200 luck (perhaps yourself) who donated alot of money, can be the ones making the most golds with bio... thats pretty much what i understand from all of your replys. Why do you want so badly that the veteran be holding the entire economy in their hand.

From my experience so far, i've done 37 lady mel and 3 travesty, and i have yet to get a single imp drop, they are rare and worth alot. As rare as they are, they should be strong, its pretty basic farm rewards to me.

They are in no way more damaging than the relayer system.
I've done over 500 mels, and sell the imps, and keep the 370 str ones. They are not rare. I've made a fortune off the unopened crystals alone.
I made a suggestion that the luck needed to make a maxed Bio be lowered to make it fair to people who do not pay to play... Read my past posts please.
Also, in my 5 years here, I've donated 200 bucks. With that I got 400 luck and a large bag of holding. The rest, I did from game play. Top it, I dare you.
You are obviously a new player.
...Dimiir Borgu
Dementika
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Dementika »

Instead of the whole ''removal'' idea, why aren't we just suggesting new tamable idea that would be in line with imps in term of strength, offering a wider variety of fighting style for players who like to have tamed creature. Here is 5 of the idea i had, for player who would prefer 5 slot companion instead of single slot pack creatures (they would be more tanky, but still pack a punch). Here is the overall idea, i wont post the complete script but its something that could be live shortly if devs had any interest in it, as they are scripted and ready to go :

Blizzard wyrm

- high cold resist
- cold damage breath
- paralyzing blow
- Area effect cold damage

Magma wyrm

- high fire resist
- fire damage breath
- burn target when hit / on hit

Noxious wyrm

- high poison resist
- poison damage breath
- poison on hit
- area effect poison damage

jugguernaut wyrm

- high physical resist
- physical damage breath
- whirlwind
- double attack

dracolich

- high enegery resist
- energy damage breath
- life leech

Anyway, why don't we all brainstorm and bring tamable ideas that could be implemented in the new zones, that would be equally strong to imps, just in a different way like those above.
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

AWESOME.. Great idea! We need a new taming system. All the bred animals are the same. We need a system like this.

*edit*
I'm not bashing the current system, I'm phishing for ideas to make what we have better
...Dimiir Borgu
EndeR
Master Scribe

Post by EndeR »

Dementika I am just curious as to what u r spending that gold on. u say u have spent 14 mil on ur imps. U dont have to spend that much. I spent gold buying oints for my 1st couple imps but oints r fairly easy to get, there r mobs that r great to farm for regs like in citadel. I have 8 imps I use that r close to max and I have not spent half what u have on them. If u play the game and go get things urself instead of buying them it may b a bit slower but still fun. I ointed an imp to 700 hp just hunting in fel trinsic with no relayers and about 200 dex and 2 maxed mules.
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

Dementika wrote:I'll end by saying that so far, my 5 imps are not maxed, i have 14 million coins invested, had i choosen to invest it in gear instead of pet, then i'm sure you would agree that i would be pretty much just as strong. Some players prefer pet over yumi or ornate axes, perhaps you personally find it annoying when you see someone with 5 imp or 5 nobles in your champion spawn, or doing peerless, but they have the right to play just like you do.
No one is speaking about what people have at champ spawns etc... If that were the case then what about trees? There is no problem with those because most people who are at that lvl choose whether or not they want the book. If you spend 14 mil on imps.. something may be wrong. But then, having your imps, you no longer have to worry about buying pets because you do not suffer stat loss. You cannot cast trees on parox, and expect a good outcome. You can, on the other hand, kill it with imps with no set back. Get it?
Last edited by Agony on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Dimiir Borgu
Dementika
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Dementika »

well its true that i could have grinded it, but i thought it was easier to grind the gauntlet, sell the arties and buy the ointments/mats. Basically my imps had 300 hp, they now each have 800, i ointed their AR to 70 as well. And you have to account for the cost of the imps themselves (i have 315 to 363 str imps).

Here is some new tamable idea, those would take 2 pet slot :

Holy wisp

- does not have the ability to attack
- heal the owner
- cure the owner
- provide small stats buff to the owner (stackable if more than one)

Overmind

- does not have the ability to physically attack
- extremely strong magical attacks

Fetish

- ranged attack
- poison target
- have the ability to randomly summon an addiotional fetish for 10 second

More to come
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

It was a simple idea, but it turns out to be too big for anyone in control of this. The Donations are flowing, for the good of the shard we need to keep everything the way it is.
...Dimiir Borgu