Oints change?

Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Re: Oints change?

Post by Pariah »

+Nyx wrote:Finally had some time and inclination today, so I took a look at this. Fel tera was part of my previous dungeon revamps, but since it had already been beefed up by a previous staffer ages ago, it didn't need as many new mobs added to it to bring it up to par with the other changes.

Today I increased the drop rate on the oints by 50% from where it was before. I also doubled the xp in the entire dungeon.

Give it a try and let me know what numbers you're seeing compared to fel deceit.
I wish there were words to describe my joy at this...I'm tempted to leave work early...
+Nyx wrote:I don't mind y'all having places to go that aren't very difficult and result in good stuff. I know oints are in the toilet right now, but they'll be required for various things in the facets and so the value will go up again once those open. I'm more concerned about making it so most of the fel dungeons are on par with one another, so that you all spread out into many of them rather than cramping into one like little mindless drones all copying the other
Hah! If the revamp is half as good as I believe it will be, could be a great paradigm to put elsewhere. Even just a few more places like this would probably get some of those vets out from Trinsic Bank or whatever the cool new hangout is... So I'm just going to say...Thank you!!!
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Pariah wrote:I wish there were words to describe my joy at this...I'm tempted to leave work early...

... So I'm just going to say...Thank you!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ea-ASEKA0E

:lol:

That could practically be my theme song to UOEX itself XD
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

+Nyx wrote:
Pariah wrote:I wish there were words to describe my joy at this...I'm tempted to leave work early...

... So I'm just going to say...Thank you!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ea-ASEKA0E

:lol:

That could practically be my theme song to UOEX itself XD
Takes me back as a child of the 80s...Just completed a run. 40 oints, 1 death (curse you TWC!!!!). This seems about right. Might even tweak a little lower on oint drops, but that might cause other players to hate me...so it's perfect! Need to test weapon XP so I'll work on a 3x58 battle axe that I've been holding off on as it has dispel (vague reference to this being useful in the future). Overall, love it and would absolutely visit more areas similarly populated leaving the other Fel dungeons for the low-mid tier players. +Nyx, you made my day, which is saying something considering i worked 11 hours and shoveled snow for another 2... Thank you! :woot:

Update: About 18k wep experience, which is gravy on top... :)
Last edited by Pariah on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

oooooooh I be interested
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

hmm. Oints seem on par with Deceit, you'd mentioned you're getting roughly 30-40 oints in a deceit run, and it's smaller than tera. If anything I'd probably lower the rate in deceit by a small margin.

For XP, that seems pretty low still. Hrm. If y'all can give me some more data regarding the average xp for a full run, I can see if it's worth it to boost the xp a bit more.
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

3rd run, 39 oints and 17.5k wep experience. Keeping in mind my WW wep is pretty sucky (3x58, hll, dispel, hld) so it takes me a while to get through. In other words that probably includes some mobs that spawned anew while clearing (impacting both oints and wep XP). Overall, I think it's a huge improvement and a phenomenally fun place to visit. Thanks again.

Edit: 4th time went with more of a mid tier weapon. Because of the increase in velocity of killing mobs, the ointment drop was 29, which seems just about perfect to me.
Last edited by Pariah on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

To further the experiment, I've now decreased the oints drop very slightly and upped the xp by a fair share again. Additionally, oint drops in Deceit were lowered a bit.
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

+Nyx wrote:To further the experiment, I've now decreased the oints drop very slightly and upped the xp by a fair share again. Additionally, oint drops in Deceit were lowered a bit.
Saw this after I posted my update, seems spot on to me now. :) Thank you! I've always heard the reward for a job well done is more work...so...how about ten more of these places... :P
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I'm open to suggestions for further tweaks to other fel dungeons, but I'd first want data on xp and oints like was provided for deceit and tera. :)
Adrycks
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrycks »

Hi,

I did a run last night in Tera. I went all the way into the dungeon and back. (there and back again by Drakis :D ) Here are the numbers:

- 26.5 K XP point
- 42 oints
- 6 stat essences
- 130k gold

Lots of fun. Could have been more but Orphidians and Terathans keep killing one and others :)

Nice addition. The outcome of gold is not even comparable in Deceit. I really enjoyed it.

thx
In-game name: Drakis.
Fiernocht
Legendary Scribe

Post by Fiernocht »

+Nyx!!!! Tweaking your dungeons? In Public nonetheless?! How shameful!
“No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell.”
― C.G. Jung
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Adrycks wrote:Hi,

I did a run last night in Tera. I went all the way into the dungeon and back. (there and back again by Drakis :D ) Here are the numbers:

- 26.5 K XP point
- 42 oints
- 6 stat essences
- 130k gold

Lots of fun. Could have been more but Orphidians and Terathans keep killing one and others :)

Nice addition. The outcome of gold is not even comparable in Deceit. I really enjoyed it.

thx
I think your run includes doing the first 2 areas by the entrance twice (once upon entry, once again upon exit when respawned). I get almost exact numbers to yours in that scenario. If I consider a "run" to be all of the areas of the dungeon without duplication, i am averaging about 30 oints and about 22.5k wep XP. Just wanted to point that out so we are comparing apples to apples. I will work on getting together numbers for the previously mentioned areas as well. This is fun. :)

EDIT: For +Nyx, should I include gold numbers moving forward? I didn't know if that was in scope or as easy to tweak. It seems the mobs drop a fairly standard amount of gold, but the difficulty of mobs skews higher compared to a place like Deceit resulting in the disparity. I average between 90-100k clearing the dungeon fully, and a bit more if I complete the two spawn areas near the entrance twice.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

It can't hurt to include the gold amounts, but it's not absolutely necessary. It's helpful in determining whether the oints drops should be up or down. If you're making a large amount of gold, then oints drops don't need to be high.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

+Nyx wrote:I'm open to suggestions for further tweaks to other fel dungeons, but I'd first want data on xp and oints like was provided for deceit and tera. :)
Is it worth looking at the specialty gem drops in Shame(?) on the Earth Ele's.

It would be fun to see a quest type of thing in Despise, but that's beyond this scope.

Hyoth. (Including the fire temple) Difficult to get to, could use a boost to make it more attractive.

More later maybe.
Character name: Ebony
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Fiernocht wrote:+Nyx!!!! Tweaking your dungeons? In Public nonetheless?! How shameful!
At least she's not Twerking them *Shudders*
Character name: Ebony