Fishing upgrade

+Colibri
Administrator

Fishing upgrade

Post by +Colibri »

We've upgraded the fishing system, well, actually pretty much rewrote the whole thing. Most of the functionality, like Bait and Hooks, is earmarked for the Elysium expansion, but there's a few things you can try right away.

There's 13 new fish that you can catch around specific areas in Trammel. The areas are quite large (not just a 20x20 tile) so they should be easy to find, should be fun. Revealing just one location at this point: one special fishing pool is all around the Jhelo'm islands.

The fish can be cooked into 4 new recipes, which you can learn by reading a book, the book can be bought from the Fisher NPC. These new recipes give minor food buffs. Along with these 4 new dishes, three old dishes also give minor buffs: Chicken leg, Cooked bird, and Cake. The buffs are very minor, nothing game changing, just so we can test this in the real world and have the system ready & tested for when we open the new areas.

All these new fish can be placed in an aquarium, or a fish bowl. The old aquarium fishing net can no longer be purchases. Instead, you can purchase the "Exotic Fish Lure", add it to your fishing pole, and go fish for the aquarium (exotic) fish.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Crawdad
Novice Scribe

Re: Fishing upgrade

Post by Crawdad »

I'm at 149 N, 101 W. Just caught a Britain Crown Fish. Next cast got a Golden Broadtail.

Indication that I needed the special lure is that I got a message that the fish were not interested.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

You can keep fishing, even after you get that message, until the fish are no longer biting. After that, move to a new spot.
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

im not familiar with the aquarium stuff,just some of the gear. but do these changes affect sos's at all? casue im pretty sure that aquarium gear i bought and tried did affect it, before this change.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Server was just restarted with a few fixes, most notably:
- Fishing skillgain fixed
- SOS messages fishing fixed
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

Wow.. Fishing was always my fav, but it got boring long before I came to Excelsior. This is a first... Nice :wink:
...Dimiir Borgu
pen43
Adept Scribe

Post by pen43 »

hi can i ask i see you got the exotic fish lure but how do we catch the fish for the new cooking recipes as not found anything explaining what is needed to catch them
Why is the mistletoe hanging over the baggage counter?” asked the airline passenger, amid the holiday rush.

The clerk replied, “It’s so you can kiss your luggage good-bye.”

In Game Name :- penfold if you need to pm me anything
pen43
Adept Scribe

Post by pen43 »

well updat some are easy to find and some are hard iv got 3 left to find and they are Larghead Bass, Northern Pike and Steelhead Trout. So if anyone reading this has found them can you pm penfold in game and let me know locations. thanks all for you help :|
Why is the mistletoe hanging over the baggage counter?” asked the airline passenger, amid the holiday rush.

pen43
Adept Scribe

Post by pen43 »

update thanks to Veen Largemouth Bass and Northern Pike found just left to find is the Steelhead Trout. Once again thank you Veen for the locations you provided. :D :D :D

pen43
Adept Scribe

Post by pen43 »

Hi can i ask +C is the freshwater drum part of the new 13 fish as found that but no luck finding the Steelhead Trout as that's the only one from the recipes that's not been found. i know there been 4 of use trying for a over a week now and no look with that fish. looking forward to your answer.