Tailor BOD quick touchup

Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Re: Tailor BOD quick touchup

Post by Annachie »

Miranda Ventrata wrote:

A riding Crop. A weapon slot item that gives bonus taming, and does a little damage for those pets that need to be subdued but not killed.
Or even a tamers whip, that will never kill the target. (always leaves them on at least 1 health) More an animal taming bod thing though.
Character name: Ebony
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

The old system is balanced, as others have stated, and are worried about losing out on the items that are useful. Then perhaps Leave the odds as is, and just swap out the rewards that are not for this shard for the one that are. Now its still refreshed, and the "useful" things remain the same, and so do the odds of getting those useful things. So when the newness DOES die down...which it will. It doesn't hurt the old school bodders.

Example: Old 100 point reward: 50% Cloth3
50% Leather

New 100 point reward:50% new low end reward
50% Leather

Old 1050 point reward: 50% Shadow Runic Kit
50% Tailor's Protector

New 1050 point reward : 50% Shadow runic kit
50% New higher end item

Or even have some of the 'useless' items give extra of the new currency. Like in instead of getting
60% Cloth 4
30% Leather
10% Armor of Crafting +1

You would get
60% x number of new currency on top of what you are already getting for this tier of reward.
30% Leather
10% Armor of Crafting +1

Hopefully this is an idea that will still liven up tailoring as a craft for the crafters out there, WITHOUT alienating the hard core bodders. And when the novelty wears off, its still the same rewards as we were use to, but without as much stuff to sit in our house waiting on a trash can, or a destash raffle that will never come.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

+1 to Miranda and the others along those lines. Best to replace the junky rewards, so the chances of receiving the useful old rewards stays the same. More than that is "fixing" aspects that aren't broken and that never goes well.
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Post by Zalia »

I'm hoping to collect 60k of each type of cloth; will they still be rewards in the new system? The ones in Cloth 1 and Cloth 5 categories are still being collected............. :)
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

they will still be available

(cloth IS useful to new tailors, and fighters, as bandaids).
Vermin
Novice Scribe

Post by Vermin »

My thoughts are to make crafting/gathering truly viable as a career path, there should be more things they can create/gather/provide that are wanted by the average player at different stages of the game. A lot of the rewards at present seem to be stuff you would provide to other crafter/gatherers.

It would need to be done in a way that doesn't alter the game in a game breaking fashion, but does provide something that all standard players would want.

I was thinking along the lines of:

+stat/skill/weapon hit recipes as BOD rewards. These recipes would then use crafting materials gathered from different elementals. They would be tiered - so rewards that are relevant to low/mid level characters would be easier to come by (and therefore able to be provided cheap enough) than the ones relevant to end game/relayered characters. It would need to be done on a case by case basis - dex and strength are obviously both in the same category as stats, but dex is relevant at mid level and strength at end game.

You would be able to only apply one of these to each item.

An example of rewards:

+1-2 dex - mid level - everyone is after that initial dex break point, this gives a new option for reaching it. As long as it isn't set to a level that allows the dex break point to be hit too easily, it shouldn't change the game hugely, but it is a viable option instead of the usual set of items required.

+1-2 strength - end game - this is likely to be in demand for practically every piece of relayered gear, as strength is king. +2 strength isn't game breaking (as it's the difference between bonecrusher and non bonecrusher gear), but it will still be hugely in demand for min/maxing. So make these rare and expensive and give crafters a top level item to quest after. And make the required ingredients rare.

+ resistance/mana/lrc etc - likely to be useful to low-mid level players, depending on the stat. Not so relevant to end game relayers where players will normally go for str.

+ weapon hits - this would allow you to increase a single weapon attribute (blacksmith reward recipe for melee weaps, fletcher for bows). Perhaps by 1-10%. Again, not game breaking, but something everyone will want in a weapon at some point - more lightning% or more of a single leech. Maybe have two types - a more common mid level one that only works on crafted weapons and rare end game one that can be applied to found weapons/arties.

+skills - high end - this would only be for the skills that can already be over-capped - lockpicking and the like. But it would apply a permanent bonus rather than the current decaying items. To leave the existing items as useful, these would need to be rare/expensive. You could also have these as low to mid-level items for other skills that allow you to add them to your low level gear but only up to the cap (so you can have +5 animal taming on an item when you are at a low level for better control of pets, which would cease to be relevant once past mid game).

None of these should massively increase the ability of individual players, but they are useful enough to be in demand, whether it is for a new/mid level player looking for a small leg-up or an end game player min/maxing. If they are tiered properly you can have some of the ingredients/recipes being gathered by low level crafters/gatherers so they can create the really low level rewards, while the true end game ones like + str are very rare.

One other thing as a reward would be a +10 luck scroll (these can be repeatedly applied up to the existing cap). Again it is something that won't massively change the game, but every item can benefit from luck, so demand should always be there. Will cut demand a bit for the ED version a bit though.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Balance Vermin's idea by giving each applied recipe a 1% cumulative chance of destroying the item. 1% the first time, 2% the second time, 3% the third, etc.
Vermin
Novice Scribe

Post by Vermin »

Wil wrote:Balance Vermin's idea by giving each applied recipe a 1% cumulative chance of destroying the item. 1% the first time, 2% the second time, 3% the third, etc.
I don't think you want to make them unusable for end-game gear, as that is where the demand will be. Even at only 1% chance of destroying the item, I don't think I would be rolling that dice to add just +2 str to a relayer. Or to add +5 or +10 of a single hit to a weapon.

My suggestion would be that you can only apply one recipe per item (and each recipe is one use only as well). I don't think balance should be a major issue, as you already have a fair similar discrepancy from typical relayers and bonecrusher (not to mention Titan's Hammer).

The balancing would be in the rarity of each level of recipe and the amount of resource required to create them (whether it is new rare resources on resource elementals, which would be my suggestion but may be a lot of work, or large amounts of standard resources - coloured ore/wood/hides etc). The thought is that it should hopefully make items that are highly in demand, but don't actually change the ability of the characters using them massively: +2 str per item end game isn't huge, + 5 animal taming added to items as a newbie is very nice, but it doesn't shave hundreds of hours off their development time, +1 or 2 dex per item at mid level will likely mean you can get away with one or two less of the usual arties required for hitting the dex break-point (that one might need to be limited to recipes that give a max of +1 dex per item to keep it balanced) etc.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

I'd like to see a way to cut bone armor, and get bones back.

I was also thinking a "salvage" bag for each of the crafting types. Maybe two or three for tailoring, for bones/cloth/leather.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

+Requiem wrote:I'd like to see a way to cut bone armor, and get bones back.

I was also thinking a "salvage" bag for each of the crafting types. Maybe two or three for tailoring, for bones/cloth/leather.
opportunity.. very much like an axe chops trees and produces logs, a bone crusher.. salvages bones..

that way it would be an ACTUAL useful item
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Yoda wrote:
+Requiem wrote:I'd like to see a way to cut bone armor, and get bones back.

opportunity.. very much like an axe chops trees and produces logs, a bone crusher.. salvages bones..

that way it would be an ACTUAL useful item
Haha! I like it! I was thinking more along the lines of updating scissors to be like OSI, or adding special scissors.
Starfire
Novice Scribe

Post by Starfire »

I like that idea, especially the salvage bags, at this point I just try to sell the bone BOD's cause to hard to make.
pen43
Adept Scribe

Post by pen43 »

good idea to get bones back but a bone crusher is a doom arty so need something different to salvage bones back but the special scissors or a different tool sounds like a plan but last thing to make bone arma you use leather as well as dones so will you get some of both back.
Why is the mistletoe hanging over the baggage counter?” asked the airline passenger, amid the holiday rush.

The clerk replied, “It’s so you can kiss your luggage good-bye.”

In Game Name :- penfold if you need to pm me anything
seagrams
Adept Scribe

Post by seagrams »

Of course I am all for updating the rewards. I think adding the currency will offer a lot of flexibility in the future, as long as it is maintained/rotated and the items useful.

A few things I would be interested in as rewards:

-Sheep statue like the one on OSI. Gives 10 wool or random leather a day. Just make it a high-end reward to keep it rare.
-BOD box. Gives a random colored leather BOD once a day. Again, make it a high-end reward.
-Crafting Talisman. +skill/+exp chance.
-Butcher's War Cleaver like on OSI.
-Maybe a tub or recipe where you can make/dip one of the clothing slot items (shirt,cloak,sash, sandals, etc.) have 1-2 properties. Would be a good filler until someone can get a relayer or high-end item in that slot.

I actually do use the colored scissors and Master knifes for the extra leather when I am out hunting, but wouldn't see it as a big loss if they were changed.

The salvage bag is something I have been looking forward to for a long time.

If a way to turn in or upgrade runic kits is not available, maybe at least change the possible range of intensities to go up to 100% for all the kits. That way a lower end kit could at least make a 20 LRC piece or 15 RPD, etc. Not much, but at least it's something.
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

I agree with the salvage bags. Smelting these royal circlets is killing me. :lool: And what are the colored scissors? I have not heard of them before.