Again "Out of memory"

filipok911
Passer by

Again "Out of memory"

Post by filipok911 »

I recently started playing Uo on this shard and I have not had any problems. But yesterday I had to reinstall windows. After I installed uo i got "out of memory" error. At first i tried many ways to fix it such as :
Install/reinstall client
Changes virtual memory value
Use LAA

Anyway, i finished at installation UO ML client http://download.cnet.com/Ultima-Online- ... ag=mncol;1 . After i change setting in Login file i finally able to open client ang login to uoex server. Then I tried to patch client with Expatcher_latest but then i return to the last issue "out of memory".

Actually i can play on UO ML client without patching , but there are some problems with colors etc.

Are there any alternative ways to patch client not to get same error?

Sorry for my English im from UA
+Veritas
Administrator

Re: Again "Out of memory"

Post by +Veritas »

Uninstall the UO client you downloaded from cnet and use our prepatched client. it can be found at:

http://uoex.net/startup

Then run the patcher as instructed. Let us know what the results of doing that are.

+V
-{Excelsior Shard Administrator, and Death Event Extraordinaire}-

May the BODs be ever in your favor!
filipok911
Passer by

Post by filipok911 »

Again I downloaded and installed the game uoml_excelsior_expatch11 (1).exe
ftp://portal.uoex.net/uoml_excelsior_expatch11.exe Same error.

Launch Expatcher_latest (1).exe
http://patch.uoex.net/downloads/expatch ... latest.exe only checked the game without downloading files. Nothing has changed.

It seems to me that the problem with running the game settings which prevents the launch client. I would like to know where can see and change these settings. I have a working game client UOML .There I will be able to take the desired options for the startup or the desired file. And replace the file in the main client. If someone can suggest it will be fine. If not then I will continue to play with the client UOML :displeased:
ZealotFX
Passer by

Post by ZealotFX »

I have recently come to understand another potential cause of these memory problems being due to sharing memory with an "on-die" GPU such as AMD's A series or Intel's i-series "APU" type CPU's.
For example, my AMD A10-4700m APU Laptop with a secondary discreet GPU very rarely open the game at all, even on a fresh reboot at 3GB RAM use yet my desktop's AMD 8350 (non-APU) and discreet GPU can start the game with Steam, Google Chrome, and other applications using above 4.5GB of RAM reliably. Both of these have 8GB total RAM.
Unfortunately the solution will vary based on your hardware, if it is possible at all, and it is getting to be rare to find a CPU without an "on-die GPU".
filipok911
Passer by

Post by filipok911 »

Hello , I finally found a solution to the error and I want to share it with others.

I will try to be brief .I helped this file Enable3GBMem_Vista_Win7_32bit .
He created for fix some trouble with Blade and Soul game. A month ago, I used it for this game. And when I reinstalled windows , I got an "out of memory" error . Today I tried one last attempt and I finally solved the problem. maybe it will help administrators and other players. if it is important I Installed Windows 10 32-bit . The file is run with the rights of the administrator and restart the computer
Attachments
Enable3GBMem_Vista_Win7_32bit.zip
file
(776 Bytes) Downloaded 470 times
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

The actual game download for this site has something similar built in.
Character name: Ebony
filipok911
Passer by

Post by filipok911 »

Annachie wrote:The actual game download for this site has something similar built in.
https://ibb.co/eXJJGF
Anna Marie
Expert Scribe

Post by Anna Marie »

I haven't played in ages and I log in to see things black so I came to the forum and found the new patch (under Announcements). I did everything it said (had to totally get rid of the old Excelsior and download off that page) and I still get the virtual memory error. Any suggestions how I can fix this?
svengermin
Master Scribe

Post by svengermin »

For a while i was trying to use a program called large address aware....... but alas the only thing that got rid of the issue you are referring to was to get a new comp :( my old one only had 2 gigs of ram compared to the 12 i have now there isnt an issue :D outside of getting more ram or trying large address aware im not sure what other solutions there might be :/
Red Rooster