Beta Testing Application: Aura Pets

+Nyx
Administrator

Beta Testing Application: Aura Pets

Post by +Nyx »

If you would like to help beta test the new Aura pets, please sign up below.

How it works:
- Beta testers will be given an account-bound aura pet to utilize while they hunt.
- Testers will log data as they use the pet
- The pet's attributes will change every month or so until the end of the beta
- The aura pets will be deleted at the end of the beta

- If you are have the Elysium Beta Tester forum title and wish to participate in this beta, please apply below.

Requirements:
- Account in good standing (no infractions resulting in punishment beyond a warning in the last year, no harassment/drama/disrespectfulness infractions in the last year)
- Account age over 6 months
- Patience. You will have to accurately document your experience while playing. This will certainly interfere to some extent with your day to day gameplay, and thus it is important that beta testers have the patience and willingness to completely and accurately document as they go about their daily activities in game.
- Trustworthiness, maturity, and thoroughness. I will check into your activities before approving you, if you're one of those negative nancy types or someone who stirs up drama, gossips or tells tall tales, you will not be accepted. You must be someone who will not lord their "status" over other players, fib about their participation or anything of that nature. You must also be able to document accurately and completely.
- Ability to access Google Sheets. This may allow your fellow beta-testers to see your email/display name. You are welcome to create an email address to use for this, if you feel the need. Please do not include your e-mail in your application below. If accepted, I will contact you privately to obtain that information.
- Genuine desire to help develop the facet, rather than interest in bragging rights or of being rewarded.

Note:
Anybody bearing the "Elysium Beta Tester" forum title + special name hue are automatically granted access to any Elysium Beta that they wish to participate in. Any beta tester who does excellent work throughout any given beta will be granted this rank, and they will be able to keep it indefinitely so long as they continue to perform well in any beta they participate in. Beta testers who achieve this rank will be granted some special perks at opening and also receive a special thank-you after the facet opens.

Apply here, lemme know your character name if it's not the same or not in your signature. If you want to make a case for yourself, that's fine but keep it minimal please.

If you are approved I will be in touch with you in the next week or so.
patrix
Elder Scribe

Re: Beta Testing Application: Aura Pets

Post by patrix »

I am interested +N. I have a google account so that's no prob.
Is it possible to view the sheets to see what data you require? I would then be better able to assess my ability to undertake the required tasks.
Cheers Michi
Michiko in game

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle..
Irina Dunn
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Each player's sheet will have entries for:
Date / Time Start / Time End / whether the system msg received is correct or not / Stat Before / Stat After / General description of activities / Bugs / Notes

There will be an info sheet that describes how to properly document each field and what to do in cases of bugs/etc.
patrix
Elder Scribe

Post by patrix »

Thanks +N that seems manageable. :)
Michiko in game

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle..
Irina Dunn
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

I remember trying to write a script for this, I'd love to see how it turned out.

Count me in :)
Character name: Ebony
Baxster
Adept Scribe

Post by Baxster »

I'd like to help out too.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

Id like to participate.
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

I'd like to test if possible; it would be an honour to be able to do some testing and potentially contribute to something like this :)

My in game name is Abarai.
In game name: Abarai
robinw40
Apprentice Scribe

Post by robinw40 »

I will help in this

Thank you

In game name Que
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

This is awesome! Shame i don't have that much time to play now that my holidays are over but i can't wait for these new pets :)
Adrycks
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrycks »

I'd like to be part of this :))
In-game name: Drakis.
Versales
Elder Scribe

Post by Versales »

Hey +Nyx,

I am a fairly slow player so logging information while playing wouldn't be much of an issue with me. I'd be glad to help out, and I think it would pretty neat! I'd have to read over google sheet to know what I'm doing, but I'm not afraid to ask questions if there is something I don't understand! :P

Thanks for the consideration!

Also in game name : Valorian
Valorian in game!
Ikronic
Expert Scribe

Post by Ikronic »

I would like to be a part of this if possible.

Thanks,
Tesla
AuntieSocial
Passer by

Post by AuntieSocial »

I would love to be a part of this. Will have lots of time as Im going for surgery and will be home recouping. What better way than on UO.
bozwoz
Novice Scribe

Post by bozwoz »

If this is still open i would like to be considered as a tester.

In game toon is Bozwoz