Apply for Horticulture BOD Beta Testing!

+Nyx
Administrator

Apply for Horticulture BOD Beta Testing!

Post by +Nyx »

I'm looking for roughly 5-6 folks to help test the new plant BOD system coming in Elysium. The first stage of this beta is to test the small bods. Once large bods are completed, anyone still in good standing with this stage of the beta will be transitioned into the next stage.

If you're familiar with the plant system, and have enough time each day to log in and test at least 10 SBODs, and would like to help me beta test the new system: sign up here!

How it will work:
- Testers will be given access to a strip-gate that will move all their gear/items to the bank.
- The gate will lead to a 'private location' where each tester will have their own small house in which to store sbods and the associated plants
- There will be spawners centrally located that provide plants, storage chests, and so on.
- Testers will then complete as many bods as they can every day.
- Testers will log data as they go - a spreadsheet of which sbods they completed, any bugs they encountered, and what reward was returned. I will provide the spreadsheet, the tester will just need to fill it in accurately and steadily. There will be a spot for the tester to provide notes/thoughts/feedback.
- Testers will be encouraged to also test the rewards received. Testers will need to document any usage of the reward items in a similar fashion to the logging for sbods.
- Anyone approved for this beta who is also participating in the plant-growing beta will be able to hop between beta locations without exiting and re-entering.
- Even after a beta tester has completed every possible type of sbod, they are welcome and encouraged to continue testing until the beta reaches stage 2 or is concluded.
- Each day when the tester is finished, they will go through another strip gate that removes anything from this area that they are carrying, and returns their own items to their pack.
- Testers will be required to sign a sort of honor-system-based-non-disclosure-agreement. This is a big, exciting update and I don't want it ruined for the non-testing players.
- Any tester who does a particular excellent job will be added to the pool of pre-approved testers for future betas.

Requirements:
- Account in good standing (no infractions resulting in punishment beyond a warning in the last year, no harassment/drama/disrespectfulness infractions in the last year)
- Account age over 6 months
- Trustworthiness, maturity, and thoroughness. I will check into your activities before approving you, if you're one of those negative nancy types or someone who stirs up drama, gossips or tells tall tales, you will not be accepted. You must be someone who will not spill the beans regarding these updates, or send screenshots/documentation to others. You must also be able to document accurately and completely.
- Ability to access Google Sheets. This may allow your fellow beta-testers to see your email/display name. You are welcome to create an email address to use for this, if you feel the need. Please do not include your e-mail in your application below. If accepted, I will contact you privately to obtain that information.
- Willingness to not have Elysium be "new" to you. Testing things will ruin surprises for you, if you'd rather enjoy Elysium as a fresh experience when it opens then this isn't for you!
- Genuine desire to help develop the facet, rather than interest in bragging rights or of being rewarded.

Apply here, lemme know your character name if it's not the same or not in your signature. If you want to make a case for yourself, that's fine but keep it minimal :)

If you're approved I will be in touch with you sometime within the next week to get you set up for testing.

Additions:
Anybody bearing the "Elysium Beta Tester" forum title + special name hue are automatically granted access to any Elysium Beta that they wish to participate in. Any beta tester who does excellent work throughout any given beta will be granted this rank, and they will be able to keep it indefinitely so long as they continue to perform well in any beta they participate in. Beta testers who achieve this rank will be granted some special perks at opening and also receive a special thank-you after the facet opens.
Davemustache
Master Scribe

Re: Apply for Horticulture BOD Beta Testing!

Post by Davemustache »

If i qualify, im in ! :nod:
Davmustin
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

I would like to apply!! Miranda Ventrata :D
Adelia
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Adelia »

I'd be interested! I'd like to throw my sign up in the ring, haha.
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

Oooo pick me, pick me! :D I'm Ellewyn ingame and I would love to test out the new plant stuff for you!
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

id love to test new bods
Adrycks
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrycks »

Hi,

I'd like to help

Drakis !
In-game name: Drakis.
RaeZon
Expert Scribe

Post by RaeZon »

I would be interested in testing the small bods, if I qualify of course. =)
The Chosen One - Alt IGN: Thomas Marshal
ashleyacal
Passer by

Post by ashleyacal »

Sure, I'd love to test it out :)
Ashtastic (in game)
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

I'd love too.

But somehow I think you already know that. :)
Character name: Ebony
shyphantum
Passer by

Post by shyphantum »

I would love a chance to play with plants :D
Faeya
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Faeya »

I would like to try please
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I'll start processing these applications toward the end of this week.

Also, just a note:
Anybody bearing the "Elysium Beta Tester" forum title + special name hue are automatically granted access to any Elysium Beta that they wish to participate in. Any beta tester who does excellent work throughout any given beta will be granted this rank, and they will be able to keep it indefinitely so long as they continue to perform well in any beta they participate in. Beta testers who achieve this rank will be granted some special perks at opening and also receive a special thank-you after the facet opens.
patrix
Elder Scribe

Post by patrix »

My hand is up if you have room. :D

Michi
Michiko in game

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle..
Irina Dunn
Isaac Newton
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Isaac Newton »

I'm all for this. I've been collecting seeds in the plant beta figuring I would use them for this beta. Now I can just go nuts planting these seeds.
Isaac Newton

What sad times are these when passing ruffians can say ‘Ni’ at will to old ladies.