Poll: Townhouse Rental Building Styles

+Nyx
Administrator

Poll: Townhouse Rental Building Styles

Post by +Nyx »

An impromptu sorta poll here, what style/types of rental buildings would interest you most? I am planning to add a few rental properties to the Green Acres housing sections. These buildings will be created from scratch, and thus could be...anything. Please only suggest things that don't already exist for rentals/houses. It doesn't help to say that you'd like a "stone building in serpent's hold" or somesuch :)

Edit: Also, some designs depend on how badly you want circle of transparency to work. Do y'all use this, particularly for your homes/decorating? The reason I ask is that super-custom buildings (that could have, say, hued walls), can't be frozen (like a house design is), and thus circle of transparency won't work. If it's a big deal (it bothers me a lot, personally, when I can't use circle of transparency while decoing), then that eliminates a lot of the more .. fabulous styles that I could come up with :lol:
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Re: Poll: Townhouse Rental Building Styles

Post by culichi »

gingerbread house
Arcon
Expert Scribe

Post by Arcon »

a city hall /w columns - space and mayor tasks - like the power of taxing people working for you... (powers coming from the building -not sure of the worker benefits tho) --- so a building type--- a city hall...
aka Necropoloid
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I do like the gingerbread house idea, but that might be a rental that would need some hued walls. I've edited my original post to include notes about that part.
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

How about an auction building that has some unique properties... rental would have to be different with this one though...

a large building that is completely underground! You have to enter through a hatch in the ground, kind of like an Armageddon bunker..
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

Sir Blood wrote:How about an auction building that has some unique properties... rental would have to be different with this one though...

a large building that is completely underground! You have to enter through a hatch in the ground, kind of like an Armageddon bunker..
We shall call it Vault 43... ;)
Sailor Jerry
Elder Scribe

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Awesome idea.
Sir Blood wrote:How about an auction building that has some unique properties... rental would have to be different with this one though...

Full throttle, half-bottle, fun lovin, script huggin gamer nerd...
a Napa Valley 1 Percenter
Sailor Jerry
Elder Scribe

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Vault 111 FO4 by far best version :P
Iago Venport wrote:

We shall call it Vault 43... ;)
Sailor Jerry
Elder Scribe

Post by Sailor Jerry »

If mountain ranges will be a part of your new area... maybe hollowed out mountains converted into housing? Dungeon turned residence. The Dwarven mines sort of thing, think LOTR.

If coastal areas are a part of the areas... Tree Housing... think Swiss Family Robinson. :dance

If coastal areas are a part of the areas... Light Houses/Fortifications. Tall, thin, small courtyard. Renaissance type alarm systems for Continents/Kingdoms.

If coastal regions are a part... a pirates cave, with ship docking and man-made quarters within a natural cave, or under ground river system spilling into the ocean.
What? A pirate can dream, no?
Full throttle, half-bottle, fun lovin, script huggin gamer nerd...
a Napa Valley 1 Percenter
Adrycks
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrycks »

a house ...water dungeon style :)
In-game name: Drakis.
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

How about a large Orc Fort. The owner/co-owner/friends are automatically friended with the orcs living there. Anyone who wanders in gets attacked by the orcs. If someone attacks the orcs, and one of the human owner/co-owner/friends happens by, they can call 'guards' then a small group of Orc Brutes show up and attack the intruder!

Of course the orcs will not have any gold on them, unless the owner of the fort wishes them to have gold drops, the gold drops will come out of either the owners bank account or a specific chest in the fort that the owner has to restock...
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

I would love to rent a property that was a Simple looking say 8x8 shack, that leads into an underground mansion, or perhaps a house in the clouds!! I know there wont be any clouds, but a floating house with a spiral stair case going to it would be awesome.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

Id also be very interesting in more in trammel town empty buildings.. being a love of archetecture and all an astounding variety of already standing buildings, tents, guard towers vacant stores etc.. ripe for the population/deco of players.
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Harbertown
Adept Scribe

Post by Harbertown »

Something that looks like Blood Dungeon would be great! It would have blood filled pools, Bloodfalls, Dripping blood from the ceiling! .... BLOOD EVERYWHERE! :nod: Umm, yeah, I am serious though! :D