Other levelable items

Adramalech
Expert Scribe

Other levelable items

Post by Adramalech »

I would like to see items, other than weapons, be levelable. maybe levelable armor or jewelry.
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Re: Other levelable items

Post by Sir Blood »

That's what relayers are for! Relayer the weapon once it it leveled into whatever slot you want it to be. 500 ED to relayer it though.
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

I would like to be able to relayer a +5 blacksmithy chest into a weapon, level it, and then relayer it into a ring. :)
Adramalech
Expert Scribe

Post by Adramalech »

I can't afford the 60.00 for a relayer...
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

You can always buy ED via [exex for ingame gold too. Would be close to 25milion but it's worth it. :-)
Adramalech
Expert Scribe

Post by Adramalech »

It takes me 7 days to earn 1 million. 25 weeks or almost 6 months for a relayer. By the time I can get one, I won't be able to wear most of my armor.
Zuri
Adept Scribe

Post by Zuri »

Could you do that Wil? Obviously slapping something with a chest piece wouldn't do damage so you'd have to get 10 deeds for 10 levels to the weapon. It'd be insanely expensive but awesome!
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Adramalech wrote:I would like to see items, other than weapons, be levelable. maybe levelable armor or jewelry.
Like others have said, this is what re-layers are for.
Adramalech wrote:I can't afford the 60.00 for a relayer...
As others have said, you can buy ED for in game gold.
Adramalech wrote:It takes me 7 days to earn 1 million. 25 weeks or almost 6 months for a relayer. By the time I can get one, I won't be able to wear most of my armor.
As you get better, and figure more things out, and need less things, you will earn gold quicker. In the beginning its slow, because you need everything. The more stuff you buy, the less you need. For instance, you only need 1 120 archery power scroll. Once you buy it, you never have to again. So expenses go down the longer you play (unless you are into decorating houses or collecting rare items, or something similar where you will constantly find ways to spend your hard earned gold!)

Re-layers are meant to be an mid-game to end-game item, not something everyone has 15 of by the time they are 2 months old. This isn't (thankfully) a game where everything is handed to everyone for signing up (unlike some other very popular MMOs that I won't name). You want it, work towards it.

6 months sounds about right for your first re-layer in my opinion. It gives you something to work towards, and a reason to keep coming back. Also, you don't NEED re-layers to play. You might WANT them, but you can enjoy *MOST* of the content without them. Like I've told countless others, take your time and enjoy the game. Play how you want to play, and work towards your goals. The rest, will come with time and effort.
Zuri wrote:Could you do that Wil? Obviously slapping something with a chest piece wouldn't do damage so you'd have to get 10 deeds for 10 levels to the weapon. It'd be insanely expensive but awesome!
No! And for good reason! Things would get even more out of control crazy if this were allowed.
Adramalech
Expert Scribe

Post by Adramalech »

As you get better, and figure more things out, and need less things, you will earn gold quicker. In the beginning its slow, because you need everything. The more stuff you buy, the less you need. For instance, you only need 1 120 archery power scroll. Once you buy it, you never have to again. So expenses go down the longer you play (unless you are into decorating houses or collecting rare items, or something similar where you will constantly find ways to spend your hard earned gold!)
Get better? What is left for me to learn? What is next now that I completed Mistvale? What new quests are going to upgrade the armor that I earned. I only have 4 more months to get into better armor than the Mistvale set. Is it the Gauntlet? Cause I read the WIKI and it told me what to kill to get the skull, but it didn't tell me where or how difficult. And lets talk about dungeons and spawns in the game. The best places (that I can reach) get over ran with more experienced players in a matter of moments so that I have to wait longer for things to spawn. You told me to do the Mistvale quest line. I did that and now I have a set of armor that I can't wear in four months. This, is what created our current discussion. I don't spend any money on 120 powerscrolls because they cost me 1.2 million and I don't need them for the places that I can hunt.
Re-layers are meant to be an mid-game to end-game item, not something everyone has 15 of by the time they are 2 months old. This isn't (thankfully) a game where everything is handed to everyone for signing up (unlike some other very popular MMOs that I won't name). You want it, work towards it.

6 months sounds about right for your first re-layer in my opinion. It gives you something to work towards, and a reason to keep coming back. Also, you don't NEED re-layers to play. You might WANT them, but you can enjoy *MOST* of the content without them. Like I've told countless others, take your time and enjoy the game. Play how you want to play, and work towards your goals. The rest, will come with time and effort.
Define mid-level for me in a game that is a sandbox. What is end game? I never asked for anything to be handed to me. 6 months of hard grinding sounds right? For one re-layer? For one re-layer that I will probably mess up because there is no training? If there is another option(other than whats in the wiki) for reaching a 220 dex, please let me know.
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

Define mid-level for me in a game that is a sandbox. What is end game? I never asked for anything to be handed to me. 6 months of hard grinding sounds right? For one re-layer? For one re-layer that I will probably mess up because there is no training?
I know 4 ways of farming 400k+ gold/hour, all those don't require any relayers. Perhaps doing champs is fifth way, but i don't do them much. So getting relayer can take much less than 6 month if you farm gold all the time.
If there is another option(other than whats in the wiki) for reaching a 220 dex, please let me know.
220 dex doesn't require relayers. Dex scrolls are good for wearing more hp though.
The process of getting 220dex/relayers seems very slow at first indeed, but it does get easier while your knowledge of game increases.
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)
Adramalech
Expert Scribe

Post by Adramalech »

Iltar, would you care to share your knowledge?
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

I don't want to post a detailed spoiler, but here is a list:
1) Gauntlet is the easiest way. Of course it wouldn't be 400k/hour without ointed imps or 220 dex, but even with mules/nobles/cu sidhe it is a good source of income that helped me to get 220 dex.
2) Felucca Wrong dungeon is a good source of gold.
3) str/dex jewelry which can be crafted using tinkering sells for a lot of money. Platinum diamond jewelry is the only type worth making though.
4) I know that many players farm 500k+ gold/hour by recalling between trammel balrons and killing them.
Not as fast way of farming, but doing lady mel and selling imps that she loads or that you buy with elven notes diversifies farming a lot.
Sadly can't really add GoC to the list because with the price of 3-4 mil per GoC gem other ways of farming gold are much faster.
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)
Terra
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Terra »

From your words
Adramalech wrote: What is left for me to learn?
and
Adramalech wrote: 6 months of hard grinding sounds right? For one re-layer?
i see u have missed the point of playing A game. Enjoy ur time in here! I understand your urge to get stronger as fast as u can, to get "everything" as fast as u can... But this is bad. U will lose interest in the game faster. U will get bored faster.
When i started there was no Mistvale. Most of the players here had no Mistvale gear to help them. So having such "boost" for a few months is way more than the older players had. The gear i got was from player vendors or crafted myself. In fact i still use one crafted piece:
gear.jpg
gear.jpg (30.96 KiB) Viewed 6658 times
With gear like this piece, or cheap arty bought from a player vendor i made my first relayer. And i started with one of the hardest weapons to relay - Swords of Prosperity. Yes it took me a lot of time(which i haven't counted) , but i was not in a rush. I just enjoyed the game and while i was leveling that weapon i got most of the gold i needed to buy the ED's from other players. And that was before the felucca spawn and exp boost.
Adramalech wrote: What new quests are going to upgrade the armor that I earned.
For example this : http://uoex.net/wiki/The_Mage's_Inquisition_Quest_(GoC); will upgrade most of ur gear. Tho for some parts of this quest u will need pets to help u deal with the monsters(Chief Paroxysmus for example).
Adramalech wrote: And lets talk about dungeons and spawns in the game. The best places (that I can reach) get over ran with more experienced players in a matter of moments so that I have to wait longer for things to spawn.
If u say that someone is coming to a place where u currently kill mobs and steal the mobs u kill(exception is champ spawn) u can freely report him and the staff will deal with it. When two or more people are on one spawn they must take turns or make an agreement to hunt together(i don't advise the last one).
Adramalech wrote: For one re-layer that I will probably mess up because there is no training?
I don't know what u mean by training here, but even if there is a possibility to set some stats on a relayer and then change them, some people will still want to change them third time, and forth, and so on... and mess up again.
Check the wiki for the stats caps(http://uoex.net/wiki/Stat_Caps).Read the forum for relayer posts(optional). Think harder. And u will find out which stats u need on your first relayer. And from there on u will add changes to ur second, third and so on relayer u get. This is the way of making relayer u will not mess up.
Adramalech wrote: 220 dex
What is that? Originally the game was made in a way to allow only the super geared dexers to have 220+ dex. In this shard any player can have it, but think of it as a bonus, not as "a must have from the start" or even "must have to play in here". I got my 220+ dex just recently. And never really missed it. Yes i died several times when i could not have died if i had 220 dex. But that is no big deal. Most of the times u will die here is not cos u don't have 220+ dex, but cos u will not have enough HP/resists to withstand the hard hits. And lets put that aside. What will u do when u fight mobs with "mortal strike" skills? Dex will not help u there. U want to know other ways to boost ur dex... use "Angelic Faith"(http://uoex.net/wiki/Cleric_Spells), use dex potions... This way with only few dex items u will have urs 220+ dex.
And once again
+Requiem wrote:take your time and enjoy the game.
Cheers!
nasskarr
Journeyman Scribe

Post by nasskarr »

Go to the Doom gauntlet for some must have dex items. Gotta farm it to death until you get Jackals collar(+15 dex) and the ring of the vile(+8 dex) and you'll bemaking decent gold at the same time. You can sell Spirit of the Totem for enough to buy bat wings sandals(+10 dex). Then fill in the blanks. Wiki has a good page on this BTW.
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

You can replace all of your MIstvale gear without relayers and hit 220 DEX while doing so. Once you hit 220 DEX, farming becomes MUCH easier.