Other levelable items

Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Re: Other levelable items

Post by Gaara »

Terra wrote: In this shard any player can have it, but think of it as a bonus, not as "a must have from the start" or even "must have to play in here". I got my 220+ dex just recently. And never really missed it. Yes i died several times when i could not have died if i had 220 dex. But that is no big deal.
Great post Terra :) I got my first relayer at one year mark. Before that i didn't even use bandages, my str/dex cap was at 125 and my total dex was somewhere around 170-190. I just used necromancy and life leech. Even completed gleam aura leggins quest line with 1 relayer and no bandages. 220 dex isn't necessarily needed but it makes things a lot easier :P
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

You completed S'gail without using bandages? That's insane! I have no idea how you survive with just necro and LL, good one though! You must still have had a pretty beastly damage output though to get through it all. I haven't actually tried S'gail since before I hit 220 dex as my previous adventures ended in complete failure...
In game name: Abarai
cameronmajere
Master Scribe

Post by cameronmajere »

I think adding the ability to add bonuses to skills via level gump would bring more balance to the game and give players more options for gear set up. Say a ring dedicated to crafting or more common combat skill bonuses ie archery or resist spells. Maybe have each skill cost 4-20 skill points and be capped at 4 so it wont completly destroy the narket for +5 crafting gear. It would also help druid spell users
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

I think adding the ability to add bonuses to skills via level gump would bring more balance to the game and give players more options for gear set up. Say a ring dedicated to crafting or more common combat skill bonuses ie archery or resist spells. Maybe have each skill cost 4-20 skill points and be capped at 4 so it wont completly destroy the narket for +5 crafting gear. It would also help druid spell users
As much as it is tempting to spend points on +skills, it is also good that some stats like +skills are special and can't be obtained by just levelling a weapon. There are some items with +skills from events already and probably more +skills arties will be added in new facets. You can't really say that levelled weapons and relayers are useless and need to be made better :) .
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)