Suggesting Monster Semi-Rare Drops

Would You like to see Special Monster drops across ALL facets for Semi/High end Rares?

Yes
64%
No
18%
Maybe
18%

Total votes: 11

Johnny Leviathon
Adept Scribe

Suggesting Monster Semi-Rare Drops

Post by Johnny Leviathon »

Hey all,

I'm curious as to how many people would like to see a implement of non stealable semi and high end rares that have chances to spawn on monsters.

Having these spawn across ALL facet would be ideal, having Felucca have the harder to get and more rare drops implemented. From Statuettes, mounted heads, lamp posts, 1175, 1157 hue hooded shrouds that says something like "A tattered shroud" dropped off of Ice wyrms, dragons, ancient wyrms etc.

I know Excelsior is not like other shards by a long shot, but having things like this may increase farming, and adventuring. Also maybe a monster set of rare clothes. Something like "Imbued by a Ancient Vampire" not able to be used as a relayer but special hues, special names.

Personally I would like to see more new players running through felucca trying to get neat items. I will also admit it would give me something to do as well lol.

I actually have a plan for this all written out as I had years ago planned to start my own server, obvious plans change. There is just entirely too much info to write down here and copy pasting it may give everyone a better idea but i think allowing the imagination to wander with this idea might do us all some good.

Just a thought.

Fate Whispers to the Warrior,
"You Cannot Withstand the Storm,"
and the Warrior Whispers Back,
"I am the Storm."
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Re: Suggesting Monster Semi-Rare Drops

Post by Iltar »

I see 2 cons of this idea:
1) We already randomly getting ointments in felucca. It would be more logical to get tattered cloak from some human mob, not from ancient wyrm. Also it's more fun to get items from quests or some personified(customized) monsters than just from kills. Game would be bland if we received everything with small chance from just killing simple mobs.
2) It would be a pain to loot each monster for a small chance of drop instead of claiming.
On the other hand, while I doubt players would farm those wyrms for small chance for item, it could be a source of profit for new players who hunt ancient wyrms or mobs of that level.
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)
Davemustache
Master Scribe

Post by Davemustache »

If the item, whatever it is, drop in backpack i vote yes
Davmustin
Johnny Leviathon
Adept Scribe

I wouldn't feel and haven't felt it terrible annoying or difficult to stand next to, or edit "open corpses with X" tiles to see, so say I set it to 50 tiles, I could Use pets/bow to do so, let the corpse open and see, if nothing just [claim.

Second its more or less for the newer players to start exploring felucca more as I stated in my original post. Also, due to the items being fairly hard to get, and the higher value of gold and XP to leveling weapons in felucca, it would be to GREAT interest for newer players to do, farm, gain XP to weapons, gold, and maybe an Item for them to sell or keep.

I don't feel you would be listening to the majority of newer players in WC stating they wish there was something low to mid range difficult with more rewards to it. Hence why I am posting up a suggestion. I appreciate your input, also there can be tweaks to certain things obviously as code is very simple to write.

"I am the Storm."
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

After Elysium is finished, open, and stable then I plan to freshen up the "old" facets. I actually talked to +c about this just yesterday actually :) We have several ideas and more to come on that eventually. For now, while your idea seems interesting, it's not something we can look at until after our primary projects are done.
Johnny Leviathon
Adept Scribe

+Nyx wrote:After Elysium is finished, open, and stable then I plan to freshen up the "old" facets. I actually talked to +c about this just yesterday actually :) We have several ideas and more to come on that eventually. For now, while your idea seems interesting, it's not something we can look at until after our primary projects are done.

I fully agree, I have been anticipating Elysium for a while now. I understand staff have their hands full with real life events and maintaining a very intricate server. I appreciate the consideration and response to my idea.

"I am the Storm."