[Razor] Fast Lockpicking Training Macro

If you make a Client-side script you can publish it here for other players to use
Unbeliever
Legendary Scribe

[Razor] Fast Lockpicking Training Macro

Post by Unbeliever »

This macro requires very limited attention and intervention - you only need to move the character to a new set of boxes in the Haven Thieves Guild every so often, when your skill is maxed out on whatever boxes you're working, and reset the macro for a new box. This works very quickly by getting in 4+ lockpick attempts before the first lockpick attempt is actually completed. It relocks the box instantly upon a successful attempt and never gets hung up on an action delay. Recovers from World Save lag in under one second. Copy and past this into a Notepad file, then change the file extension to .macro and drop it in your Razor Macros folder:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1133512181|5372
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.2500000
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1074196857|27|52|0|2474
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|this does not appear to be locked.
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1074196865|4110
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1074196857|27|52|0|2474
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.4500000
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.2000000

Once you've set your character next to the boxes that are appropriate for your skill level, Right-click the first line of the macro and Retarget your own lockpicks in your backpack. Right-click both Absolute Target lines and Retarget to one - only one - of the training boxes. Right-click the second 'Double Click' action in the macro and Retarget to the key in the training box. Make sure that the box you're going to use is properly locked and start the macro. I'd say it raises Lockpicking 5 to 10x faster than the Blaz'n Lockpicking Trainer, though that script works well enough in time. The macro writer in me just had to write a faster, more efficient method of working the skill. Any questions, complaints, or kudos, feel free to post them.:) Enjoy!
in-game Thomas Covenant
snaggeh
Adept Scribe

Re: [Razor] Fast Lockpicking Training Macro

Post by snaggeh »

This scipt is great, it is exactly the type of thing i was oing to make in razor until I saw this one, Works like a charm!

Thanks so much.

Dan
twister
Passer by

Post by twister »

Man... this script is awesome! Thank you!
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

I personally don't like scripts like this... This smells too much like an exploit. You just shouldn't be able to pick something multiple times before the first pick attempt even finishes. It looks like a bug in the lockpicking timing and this macro exploits or takes advantage of that bug... Resulting in faster gains...

But that is just my opinion.
Unbeliever
Legendary Scribe

Post by Unbeliever »

Anyone who is really worried about how fast a macro can pick a lock on a chest in this fantasy game of auto-attacking, insta-healing, and autolooting, is a bug. That's not an opinion.
in-game Thomas Covenant