Radio Towers

Related to the radio station.
+Nyx
Administrator

Radio Towers

Post by +Nyx »

I've added radio towers that will show you whether there's a DJ playing live or if the auto-dj is activated.

The radio tower gems will be red and static (not blinking) when auto DJ is enabled:
Image Image

When a DJ goes into the booth and toggles the main controller gem, the towers' gems will turn green and will blink:
Image Image

Every town in Trammel (except wind) now has a radio tower near the world teleporter location.

Hope everyone uses them so they don't miss any live shows!

- +N
djpaulus
Elder Scribe

Re: New: Radio Towers

Post by djpaulus »

Thanks +N this is awesome :D

Note to self, need to remember to double click when done haha
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Radio Towers

Post by +Nyx »

Updated the appearance of the towers and added a tower at the MZ world tele location.
heyyo
Legendary Scribe

Post by heyyo »

Would it be possible to make the towers a link to opening a new web browser that opens the radio?
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Not easily, no. I may eventually go and add that functionality but for now it's a bit too much work considering the other things on my plate for the next few weeks hehe :)
Sethra Lavode
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Sethra Lavode »

This may sound silly, but...LittleC had a prerecorded show on today and of course the towers did their function: auto-dj. For myself, that means it's just random play...if I am in the mood, I will hit it.

Is there any chance we can add a color or something to denote that it's a DJ's pre-recorded show playing? I know I am not the most productive DJ, but I do care. I really wanted to hear LC's show...just a thought!

My oldest is not only doing band camp this year, he was elected in for Section Leader / Low Brass. That means a few more hours and effort. That does not really start until next month, but he and another section leader are planning to meet up and make the most of the band this month. This leaves me with making sure Oz has a good (hopefully great) summer!! :nod: We are buying another car this coming week to make sure that can happen: I am going to be here and there and everywhere....DJP and Tesla are wonderful teachers: I just need to get back to a routine so that I feel more confident in doing a live show. I hope that will be soon! :dance

Peace! :)
Starfish & coffee, maple syrup & jam. Butterscotch clouds & a tangerine, side order of ham.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

When a DJ is airing their pre-recorded show, then they (or a higher up DJ) should toggle the gems to 'on'