NEW EVENT: Invasion of Britain

We try to put in new spawn areas, quests, events, items and scripts. This is where you submit your wish.
Acacia
Elder Scribe

NEW EVENT: Invasion of Britain

Post by Acacia »

Basically, in an alternate plane where gear is scaled down and every player is equal such as most events that involve combat, there's something wrong in destard, dragons are breeding out of control and they're on the way to britain to kill lord british for whatever reason. this would be basically a walked event, from destard entrance, back north to brit, and into the castle(should the players let them make it)
the event could be followed with mass amounts of drakes, dragons, wyrms and even some of the new graphic dragons if you really wanted to. this organized intelligence of dragons is being led by none other than Riktor himself, who would be in the back of the crowd, perhaps with 3 other mini bosses which names could be made up, and perhaps be riktor's children dragon.
depending on how many people decide to show up in a 15 minute pre event setting, you'd be able to pick from certain intervals of amounts of dragons.
being it a long walk, i'd assume literally in the thousands, the dragons wouldn't fight back physically because they'd be focused on charging the castle, but they could turn and cast spells or use firebreath on you.
could be an event reward with a dragon trophy of some sort, or a participation reward if lord british died (but we all know that wouldn't really happen, no one on here would let it if we had enough time for the people)

i think it could be fun for the shard.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: NEW EVENT: Invasion of Britain

Post by +Nyx »

We already did pretty much this exact event about 3 years ago: http://uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5365
Acacia
Elder Scribe

Post by Acacia »

+Nyx wrote:We already did pretty much this exact event about 3 years ago: http://uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5365
oh that was well before when i was around, how was the turnout? and would you ever consider doing it again, since you already have the mechanics of it worked out?
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

It's long since been wiped. It wasn't a fun event for us to run and the reception wasn't nearly as positive as our other monster bash events so it wasn't worth keeping on as a permanent installation.
Acacia
Elder Scribe

Post by Acacia »

ah thats too bad. oh well, ill post if i have any other ideas