A Few Ideas And Not All of Them Are Dumb

We try to put in new spawn areas, quests, events, items and scripts. This is where you submit your wish.
Viirin
Adept Scribe

A Few Ideas And Not All of Them Are Dumb

Post by Viirin »

I've played on a few other freeshards, and liked some of what I saw, so I thought it would be nice to see here, too:

1. Hunger gump. Hit something like [hunger and your hunger meter is seen. Something like 20/20 at full. Would be nice to keep track of easily. I've seen this on another shard.

2. Kitchen Larder. Seen this on another shard, too. It's like the spellcaster/woodworker/tailor keys! But for food. Multiple pages, like the smith's weapon selection. Can add items to it, or take them out. However, each item slot is invisible to begin with. Makes it more fun, I think. So there are a bunch of empty slots, who knows what fills it? Use the 'add resource' button to bags of flour, dough, baked meat pie, whatever. Then it adds that amount to the larder (looks like an armoire, at least that's what that shard did) and if it is removed and reduced to 0 for that resource, the button still remains. So, if that item was never put in, then it is an invisible/nonexistant button. If the resource is added ever, then it's always visible.
Counts all resources, from raw material to ready-to-eat items.

3. Cheese Making. Ties into idea 2. Seen on another shard, but not the same one with the larder. Can milk goats, sheep, and cows, and use that milk to make cheese. Different cheeses come from different combinations of milk (2 milks needed, so you can do 2 cow, 1 cow 1 sheep, etc) Each animal can only produce 1 milk in a 24 hour period. Though I'd personally add in gaman milk too. If we wanted to be super goofy, then since a pitcher is around 5 uses, we can give 1 use from 1 albino squirrel or something else equally hilarious.
Need a special item to ferment milk, and each thingy can only hold the maximum of 2 cheese wheels worth (2 milks). Cheese doesn't even start fermenting unless its full.

4. Chocolatiering. Seen on OSI. You can make chocolate using cocoa and other ingredients. A freeshard I saw had cocoa trees and vanilla you could grow at home.

5. Crossbred Pets. Keeping the generation, level, and stat caps in consideration, I wanna look at the ability to breed pets from one species to another species. This could be, for example, the ability to let your chicken breathe fire, your cat to be poisonous, or your cu sidhe to use magery. Bio pets could join in.
Same deal as it is with caps now, though. Just would get pets to be slightly more versatile or unique to your own play style.

6. Organic Material Crafting. I killed some 'remains of a bio experiment' and got an organic material. What made me look at it funny was this- it's used to make bio pets. But you can't use meat, for example. Why not? Why not make it so you can use things like the various meats (say, 1 meat + bird + lamb?) and maybe some potion requirements?

7. Cooking / inscription / alchemy / tinkering BODs. 'nuf said.
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Re: A Few Ideas And Not All of Them Are Dumb

Post by moonsongtx »

Hunger gump sounds okay but I'm still not 100% that players have to consume food at all on this shard. Some players swear you do, other say no. I have only consumed food when having to tame something and I'm not sure it's helped or not. LOL

Kitchen Larder... I'm not sure but I think there is something like this on the shard, called a Cold Food Pantry. I've only seen it in one player's home though and I'm not sure if he acheived it through normal play or through staff-held auctions. And I'm not sure if it's what you're talking about or just a normal storage with a cool name... and if it's the latter, it could have been something he named that with a engraving tool.

Cheese Making sound cool... but if we don't need food it may be pointless.

Choclatiering may have been released with a certain expansion, so it may not be able to be put in. Once again though, without that first one... We do have candies though but they are all staff-made for cool things. :)

Crossbreeding.... might be cool if you could have a mule with the abilities of a dragon but I am betting the coding for this is extremely tedious.

Organic Material is difficult to get in the game yes, but that is a great thing as the selling of that is usually a newbie's first means of making some REAL money. If this changes up, organic material would flood the market and our new players will find making beginner money really hard. So I vote no on this one for just that reason. :)

New BoDs (not sure what kind) are coming out with the new lands that are being worked on by our staff. I know there is a plant BoD but honestly not sure about others. I'd say it would be nice but I already forget to get the BoDs we have. LOL This is just my two cents'... :)
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Re: A Few Ideas And Not All of Them Are Dumb

Post by Viirin »

Whether food helps with success chance or not, I didn't pay attention, but I found that my skill gains increase dramatically if I eat. If I'm hungry, then I don't gain for nuthin, but if I stuff myself then I gain pretty easily.

My idea for the crossbreeding wouldn't be "make a new pet each time" but randomly choose which of the two species the baby is (maybe even the two offspring from a pairing would be different). Then also crossbred pets would have a different AI that encompasses anything a pet could potentially do, and just have the pet's AI package have that ability shut off or not. So if something uses necromancy and something else uses magery, and something else has fire breath and something else is a self-healer, then a pet might do all of that. Or none of it. Or a combination. Either way, the same AI package is needed.
I'd probably make all crossbreeds 2 or 3 slots, though. That way a cat + scorpion would take up the same as a pack horse + rune beetle.