Vet Rewards Program

We try to put in new spawn areas, quests, events, items and scripts. This is where you submit your wish.
Devlin
Legendary Scribe

Vet Rewards Program

Post by Devlin »

Probably has been discussed in the past, but it would be cool to see these updated. The rewards on offer aren't very rewarding/useful tbh. AR Cloaks/Robes are discarded/replaced easily enough early on. You only need two ethy mounts; a horse to start with, and a charger once you hit one year for the 0 slot mount. Dye tubs are nice, but due to uni tubs, they are not as unique/desirable. Monster statuettes... Well, some people like 'em. Not a big fan personally ;P

Maybe add some rewards for year 2, 3, 4, etc. Been here for two years? Now you can buy a boat that takes twice as long to decay, or is available in different hues. Been here three years? Have a blessed leash with 1k uses, or a personalized item such as a throne or bulletin board (Devlin's Throne). Been here four years? Have an item rename deed. Five? A relayer deed. Or half of one. Or something spiffy.

Of course, adding new stuff has the potential of flooding the market as people look to profit off their reward points. Solution? Rewards are account bound. Then there's the issue of higher tiered rewards (year 4, 5, etc.). I'm currently sitting on 115 reward points. If luck deeds were suddenly available as a year 5 reward, I could put 400 luck on everything I own, including my crafting suits. Solution? Make higher tiered rewards cost more points.
Year 1 - one point
Year 2 - five points
Year 3 - ten points
Year 4 - twenty-five points
Year 5 - fifty points

So on and so forth, or something similar. Therefore, people can't profit immensely from anything added to the reward system due to the BoA, and players couldn't overpower themselves due to cost of higher tier rewards. Just an idea. I know staff be busy with other things. However, player retention has never been great here, or for UO in general. Without any end-game, the community/guilds/friends is what keeps people around. While it's always nice to see new faces here, the old faces have been fading away. Small things like this, coupled with the new area, would help maintain the current player base and provide further incentive for new players to try out UOEX.
Resident Wiki Editor/Village Idiot

EasyUO Scripts
ReArmer
ReArmer (Old Version)
ReReader
Separate Journal for Guild or Public Chat (Old)
---------------------------------------------
Combat Focus Guide (Godmode Formula)
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: Vet Rewards Program

Post by Wil »

Speed boat.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Personally i would like to see something like an item rename deed or a bless deed. Account bound of course. :)
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Post by mattwaldram »

An "invisible" dye tub, so we don't all have to look exactly the same... just the ability to dye our robe "invisible" so people can see how we dress beneath them will lead to so much more aesthetic variety.

I'm sure it'd be a disaster in practice, though :)
-- In-game: Oslington Weasel
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

A five year new graphic mount would be pretty epic.
TDC Guild
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

mattwaldram wrote:An "invisible" dye tub, so we don't all have to look exactly the same... just the ability to dye our robe "invisible" so people can see how we dress beneath them will lead to so much more aesthetic variety.

I'm sure it'd be a disaster in practice, though :)
There will definitely be people masquerading in just pants if this is the case, but it's a good idea and all variety. Also the fact that you can uni dye yourself, what if you dyed yourself invisible??
In game name: Abarai
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

We do plan to freshen up the vet rewards, including with a patch-graphic mount, at some point shortly after the facets are released. We are waiting to see what all ends up used for those, and that'll let us know what's free to use for other systems/functions to get updated.
Lonestar
Novice Scribe

Post by Lonestar »

What about a new graphic for the robe slot that doesn't cover everything?
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Lonestar wrote:What about a new graphic for the robe slot that doesn't cover everything?
The robe slot has come up for a lot of discussion over the years.
and that's just us players.
Character name: Ebony
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

A renamed flag standard that wouldn't occupie an equipment slot would be a reward that would be seen in paperdoll and look awsome :p

(I think it would be easy to create such reward for such a loyalty mark )
Lurking the forums since dec 2012