Treasure Maps Hunting

Moderator: Wiki Scribes

Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Treasure Maps Hunting

Post by Blathzar »

Well as i said in a previous post i'd add every information i got so far on treasure maps for everyone to see. I am not part of the wiki editors so i'll simply leave it hear so maybe someone will be able to add it up to the Treasure Hunting section.

The following is information regarding monster spawn and possible loot for each level of maps. So far i've never looted a level 8 map so i have no info on these. I think it would be possible to make all this in a table manner to simplify things out... I just have no idea how to do so with scripting. Otherwise enjoy the information and if it need to be moved to the general Forum just have it move. Thank you !

Plainly Drawn ( Level 1 )
When the chest has been dug out one monster will spawn. The chest will display a specific number of items in chest :
19 = no special loot
20-23 = 1 to 4 special loot items
Possible Monsters to spawn :
- Headless
- Mongbat
- Skeleton
- Zombie
Basic loot :
800-1200 Gold
3 Reagents Pack (40-60 per pack)
3 Gems (random and always as a single stone)
5 Scrolls (random level)

Expertly Drawn ( Level 2 )
When the chest has been dug out four monsters will spawn. The chest will display a specific number of items in chest :
36 = no special loot
37-40 = 1 to 4 special loot items
Possible Monsters to spawn :
- Earth Elemental
- Gargoyle
- Gazer
- Orc
- Hell Hound
Basic Loot :
2400-3600 Gold
5 Reagents Pack
6 Gems
10 Scrolls

Adeptly Drawn ( Level 3 )
When the chest has been dug out four monsters will spawn. The chest will display a specific number of items in chest :
53 = no special loot
54-57 = 1 to 4 special items
Possible Monsters to Spawn :
- Air Elemental
- Fire Elemental
- Dread Spider
- Ogre Lord
- Lich
Basic Loot :
3600-4860 Gold
9 Reagents Pack
9 Gems
15 Scrolls

Cleverly Drawn ( Level 4 )
70 = no special loot
71-74 = 1 to 4 special items
- Deamon
- Dread Spider
- Elder Gazer
- Ogre Lord
- Lich Lord
Basic Loot :
6400-8850 Gold
12 Reagents Pack
12 Gems
20 Scrolls

Deviously Drawn ( Level 5 )
87 = no special loot
88-91 = 1 to 4 special items
- Blood Elemental
- Poison Elemental
- Elder Gazer
- Deamon
- Lich Lord
Basic Loot :
8000-12000 Gold
15 Reagents Pack
15 Gems
25 Scrolls

Ingeniously Drawn ( Level 6 )
When the chest has been dug out five monsters will spawn. The chest will display a specific number of items in chest :
105 = no special loot BUT you always get a random paragon artifact from this chest.
106-109 = 1-4 special loot WITH the bonus random paragon artifact
- Ancient Wyrm
- Balron
- Titan
- Blood Elemental
- Poison Elemental
Basic Loot :
12000-18000 Gold
18 Reagents Pack
18 Gems
30 Scrolls

Diabolicaly Drawn ( Level 7 )
When the chest has been dug out seven monsters will spawn. The chest will display a specific number of items in chest :
121 = no special loot
122-125 = 1 to 4 special items
- Ancient Wyrm
- Balron
- Titan
- Blood Elemental
- Poison Elemental
Basic Loot :
27000-36000 Gold
21 Reagents Pack
21 Gems
36 Scrolls

Infernaly Drawn ( Level 8 )
When the chest has been dug out eight monsters will spawn. The chest will display a specific number of items in chest :
137=no special loot
138= 1 Special Item
- Ancient Wyrm
- Balron
- Titan
- Blood Elemental
- Poison Elemental
Basic Loot :
70 800 Gold
24 Reagents Pack
24 Gems
42 Scrolls

List of Special loot by map level :

Level 1, 2, 3 : Bucket, Lantern of Souls, Coconuts (3 diffrent graphic types and all edible), Soulstone Shards (type 1), Crystal Ball, Novice Lockpicking and Cartography +1 Gear

Level 4, 5 : Bucket, Coconuts (3 diffrent graphic types and all edible), Soulstone Shards (type 2), Adept Lockpicking and Cartography +3 Gear

Level 6 : Bucket, Coconuts (3 diffrent graphic types and all edible), Soulstone Shards (type 2), Master Lockpicking and Cartography +5 Gear

Level 7 : Soulstone Shards (type 3), Master Lockpicking and Cartography +5 Gear

Level 8 : Display case (Purple) -> look like a jeweler table

Also, you have a chance to get a map of the superior level of the one you're currently doing. ex: a Level 1 would have a Level 2 as special loot.

To loot the chest you can use a EasyUO Script that was made specifically for this shard. http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... ure+script

There is only 1 way to get a levle 7 or level 8 map.
- Level 7 found in a tmap level 6 chest as special loot in Felucca ONLY
- Level 8 found in a tmap level 7 chest as special loot in Felucca ONLY
So you CANNOT get a level 7 map frop a level 6 Trammel map.

There is only 4 parts for Lockpicking and cartography gear : chest, head, arms, legs. So there is a bonus of +20 max with master parts.

If you have any other information you would like me to add to this list that i might have never seen or simply overlooked let me know either here or pm on forum or ingame (Blathzar).

Have a great one ! :)
Last edited by Blathzar on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Re: Treasure Maps Hunting

Post by Opopanax »

This is fantastic :)

I'll start compiling it into the current wiki page, which is info about cartography and lockpicking at the moment.

I notice that you said one monster spawns when the chest is dug, but I presume you mean more than one, as all the ones I have done have had about 3-4 spawn when the chest is initially dug up and then they spawn as you take out items.

Did you also notice any difference in strength of the monsters coming out of the lvl 7 chest? Were they tougher than the mobs usually are of that type?

Thanks again for sharing this info!
In game name: Abarai
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

Ahhhhh ! I'm terribly sorry I should have re-read what i typed... i used copy paste for the monsters to spawn... I will update when i get home. I just got to work so... it should be in about 10 hours or so hehe. Thanks for letting me know on this. As for the strength of the monsters it was normal strength that you'd fight in Trammel (even if you're in Felucca) that is for every level of map. I heard that level 8 were all paragon strength but i've never come across a level 8 so far and i cannot confirm it really is. I will tough whenever i'll get one tough.

Cheers !

**** Fixed the number of monsters to spawn on my main post :)
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Well here is the revamped page, if there is anything to add or change just let me know :)

Also, if anyone wants to volunteer info on lvl 8 maps please do!

http://www.uoex.net/wiki/Treasure_Hunting

Thanks for sharing your info!
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

Morning ! :)

Looking great so far. Here are a few changes and fixes.

If possible i would like to keep the cartography and lock picking requirements for tamps. Most of the time i see people asking to unlock their chest or stuff like that. Might be a good idea to come by wiki and simply take a look before you try harder level of maps so you can be sure that you can unlock.

Also, I didn't see the Paragon Artifact Bonus on the loot list (for Ingeniously drawn maps ONLY)
Treasure maps are dropped randomly on monsters that you kill in trammel and fel. Monsters drop maps for their own facet, the harder the monster the higher level maps are dropped by them.
I am currently on an ongoing list of monsters dropping which level of maps. So i will add when i have enough information. As for which facet the map will spawn for it is actually random. You can get a Trammel or Felucca one from a kill in Trammel or Felucca. It's the same for the map you could get from a treasure chest. Example : I've done many level 6 maps in Felucca and it's the only way to get level 7 maps and so on but i've got half of the level 7 to be in Trammel locations. So it's simply random.
To start digging double click the shovel and then your map and the animation will start.
Actualy, you need to have a shovel in your pack, then single click the treasure map then on the pop-up box click "Dig for treasure" then click the ground where you want to start digging.
While digging you cannot move or drag items in your pack or cast spells because it will cancel the digging and you will need to dig again. You can still defend yourself as long as you're not moving from where you're digging.

In the special loot section for level 1 there is : Bucket, Lantern of Souls, Bucket,... (remove one of the bucket heh)
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Thanks for the feedback! Will add all this in after I finish work. I ran out of lunch hour, so did have time to do a detailed check, your post contained a lot of info!

The requirements for lockpicking and cartography are still listed, they are in column 2 of the table :) the values were taken straight from what was on the page before, so if you think any are incorrect I'll change them.

Once you have a list of monsters that drop maps I'll add that in too.
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

Indeed cartography and lock picking are there... friday morning at the job when you had only 5 hours of sleep are tough... haha xD

I wonder if we could add a link to a easyuo script made for this shard for looting treasure chests ? Really useful and click saver heh

Would you think that i should collect screens of the various special items and stuff ? To add them on here or it would be too much of a hassle ? I am in the graphic design business so it's not a problem to toy with this kind of 8bit pictures.

Thank you very much for taking your time to add this info to the wiki. It does mean a lot to me and i hope people will enjoy doing treasure maps as much as i do. :)

Cheers !
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Finally made the changes you suggested!

I have no idea what all the different loot looks like, so it would be good to add pic in if you have them :)

Thank you for taking the time to collect the info, I really enjoyed compiling the page too, hopefully it's clear to people wanting info about it! And i look forward to when you start doing lvl 8 maps!
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for making the changes.

We finally had our hands on a level 8 this week-end. (Not even mine xD sniff... a new guy in the guild got one off his 1st level 7 so i cried... haha)

I do have some info on it even tough it's not complete. (currently on break at work)
Level 8
- 8 monster spawn upon digging the chest
- monster = same as level 7 (also the same power... we were quite disappointed actually)
- 70 800 gold

thats all i got so far

Also there is a couple test i need to run about the number of time you fail to unlock the chest for special loot. I've heard that the less you fail the better the chances to get a greater amount of special items. So i'll have to get my skills to 140 with gears and test em out.

Once i've done enough i will gladly update this post once again to confirm the whole theory.

Thanks again for giving me a hand to add this information to the wiki ! :)

Have a great one !
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

Bump ! Updates are in red color. :)

For the next update i will wait a while so i can have enough intel on what i'm looking for right now.

Cheers !