Permission for reserved hues

This forum is a place for all the guilds of Excelsior to post their news and to have a discussion.
Dain Firehelm
Elder Scribe

Permission for reserved hues

Post by Dain Firehelm »

Hi all,

I recently got de-hued of a few of my key items (towards looks anyways xD), which im not complaining about at all, and would like to express again my excuses to the guild that had that hue (2568), i wasnt aware it was taken and will double check from now on when taking a hue. Which leads me to my point in this post :D i went to the hue room to select a new hue for my stuff and to my dissapointment most of my favourite hues are already taken, so if the owners of those hues could express themselves through this post (or Pm me in-game), i would be most thankful to them, either if they would let me use them or not, but at least that way i would avoid any kind of future transgression of the rules :) thanks so much for reading. the hues are these:

Sorry for the lenght of the post, and thanks to the owners in advance for their feedback.

p.s: is there such a thing as an official list of taken hues? if not,maybe that would be a good idea :)

cheers!
- Khamul
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Permission for reserved hues

Post by +Nyx »

Hues are reserved and made available pretty often, so a running list would be a hassle for something that the hue room already provides. If it's not visible in the hue room, it's not allowed to be used. Eventully +C plans to make it so that reserved hues won't show up when scrolling through the uni tub menu, but it's not a high priority so it will likely be awhile :)
Dain Firehelm
Elder Scribe

Post by Dain Firehelm »

Ok. Thanks for the clarification +N. I understand. I thought it wouldn't be so variable,but if it is,then it would indeed be a nuisance to keep it updated. I think that just posting the hues and asking for feedback from owners will suffice then :)
- Khamul
Dain Firehelm
Elder Scribe

Post by Dain Firehelm »

Pleaaase owner of 2568, would you please please please let me use it JUST for the charger of the fallen? I literally dont like ANY other hue for it,and i tried them all from 1-2650.
- Khamul
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

Dain Firehelm wrote:Pleaaase owner of 2568, would you please please please let me use it JUST for the charger of the fallen? I literally dont like ANY other hue for it,and i tried them all from 1-2650.
I don't think in general you can even ask for permission to use a reserved hue unless you are in the guild that owns it ... at least acording to the Codex that's my understanding when looking at the Codex..

RULES FOR USING YOUR SPECIAL COLORS
Only guildmembers can use these special colors.
You cannot let others use them, you cannot sell items/pets dyed in special color. If a guildmember leaves a guild, he must dye all of the specially dyed items/pets to their original color (either hue#0, or the hue of the metal/leather/wood).
If a guild is disbanded, all of the guildmembers must dis-dye their items/pets to their original color.
No penalties for breaking these rules for now, but if there's alot of violations we may start by penalizing with gold/tokens/stats or deleting items.
Taken from http://www.uoex.net/codex/services/guilds
Dain Firehelm
Elder Scribe

Post by Dain Firehelm »

Wow i actually overlooked that when checking codex. Thanks Lestat,thats very informative and definetly settles this. I just cant use it no matter what, then :( it wouldnt matter that much except that the only dark black (not "deepest" black,which just fuses the item with the background :D) hues that dont have some kind of silver shades(2239/2568) are both taken. BUT rules are rules, some we like,some we dont,so i guess i just gotta take this one for the team xD Thanks again to you for making it so clear!

thanks also to everyone who helped me/expressed an interest on the subject.

Cheers!
- Khamul
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

I think a challenge here is hue maintenance. Could we know how often "reserved" hues are checked for an active guild/stone? Or is it, once reserved, it's gone forever? Also, is there a limit on the total number of hues that can be reserved? I've noticed some hues can't be reserved and I know it's kind of on the honor system at this point. For example, some guilds allow "friends" to wear the hue, but until now I'd never heard of anyone being de-hued. Also, hue is a strange word, but if we call them "colors," will we incite gangland style feuds...from hues...?

Also, one other note, it's hard for me to decipher the layout of the hue room. Some of it seems to be organized in a pattern, but other parts not so much. Could we perhaps get a list book of some sort (I was first going to suggest a reorganization of the room, but that seems like more work) with the hues and their status? I've spent time searching to find a hue that it seems doesn't exist at times. I don't know if that means it's taken or it's not available to be reserved...Oh., and I don't mean I see the hue before and after it, but the statue is missing between. I understand that means reserved. I mean I can't find any area resembling where the hue should be numerically...
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Essentially, when a guild stone with a hue falls, the statue goes visible again in the hue room. There may be a bit of a delay, say a few hours tops, but it's not something we have to go do manually.

Each guild can have only 1 hue. They must purchase it from us (and when we do it, it makes sure that hue isn't already reserved before it completes), and then they can purchase additional tubs from the stone itself.

Hues that are not visible in the hue room are not allowed to be reserved. They are either reserved by a guild, or by the staff. There aren't any other ways they go hidden.

Hues that are able to be used but not allowed to be reserved are labeled as such when you click the statue. So if it just says the hue number, it's available. If it says the hue number and "Not available for reservation" or something to that effect.. well. :)

Hope that helps.

- +N
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

I would gladly volunteer to arrange those statues in numerical order.
Since the first time I was in there, it has made me nuts knowing they are not in order. At least no order I can discern, and I am good at finding patterns.
I don't know if it is feasible for a non-staff person to do such thing, but I am willing :P
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

+Nyx wrote:Essentially, when a guild stone with a hue falls, the statue goes visible again in the hue room. There may be a bit of a delay, say a few hours tops, but it's not something we have to go do manually.

Each guild can have only 1 hue. They must purchase it from us (and when we do it, it makes sure that hue isn't already reserved before it completes), and then they can purchase additional tubs from the stone itself.

Hues that are not visible in the hue room are not allowed to be reserved. They are either reserved by a guild, or by the staff. There aren't any other ways they go hidden.

Hues that are able to be used but not allowed to be reserved are labeled as such when you click the statue. So if it just says the hue number, it's available. If it says the hue number and "Not available for reservation" or something to that effect.. well. :)

Hope that helps.

- +N
Very much so, thanks!
Tredin
Elder Scribe

Post by Tredin »

I actually have a question about this. Is there some sort of grandfather clause that would allow people to not have to change the hue of something if they had it first? One of my Chargers of the Fallen has had the same hue for something like 500 days or so now and recently it appears to have been scooped up by a guild. The players in the guild both seem fairly established and I have no idea when they picked the hue or how long that they have had it, that being said I defiantly picked it out of the hue room when it was free for the taking oh so long ago.

I would be a little disappointed if it had to change it now. I'd still do it mind you but I am about 99% certain that I had it first. :scared:
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter if you had it first, if someone purchases the hue and wants it changed, it has to be changed. There's just no real way for us to determine who really had it first in these cases and it's not something that is worth the time investment it would take to find out.
Tredin
Elder Scribe

Post by Tredin »

Darn, I guess I just wont use that one anymore. Time to start shopping for a new hue.

Good news my hue is still in the hue room. Their hue is just very very very close mine.

"And there was much rejoicing" :woot: :goodsuprise: :dance