Magery summoned (8th circle) revamp script suggestion

Discussion about the technical aspects of scripting. Ask about all issues involving your freelance projects here.
Dementika
Journeyman Scribe

Magery summoned (8th circle) revamp script suggestion

Post by Dementika »

*edited, thanks everyone for the input*
Last edited by Dementika on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Magery summoned (8th circle) revamp script suggestion

Post by +Nyx »

Hiya -
While I appreciate that your heart is in the right place, I don't feel that this would benefit the shard. The buffs to the summons are rather unbalanced/overpowered, and the script appears to be written for runuo 2.0+, which our shard isn't compatible with.

I believe +C is leaning toward allowing a small list of facet coding needs to be released to the players so that anyone with interest and ability could attempt to write them. If he does decide to do this - and you're able to write scripts for our version of runuo - then I hope you'll submit something at that time.

We do have plans to boost the desirability of playing as a mage as part of the updates with the facets; so rest assured that pew-pew'ing with magery will once again be viable and fun before too long :)
Dementika
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Dementika »

They are in 1.0 base, but thanks for the feedback, i felt they were balanced when compared to the stronger options out there (mules, nobles, imps) taking only 1 control slot, versus the much higher in the above scripts, plus the odd of them being dispelled. I'll work on something else that may be useful ;p
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I think that the trouble is that since we're mid-development on opening the facets, and the playerbase doesn't really have the inside track on everything we're working on, changes like this are largely not going to be implemented. If I were you I'd hang onto that motivation for helping the shard until such a time as we put out a call for specific scripts, otherwise I worry you'll just become upset at blindly submitting scripts you think are cool that then get turned down because they interfere with our own plans. It's of course up to you, but I personally know were I in that boat I'd rather just wait and submit things that I knew would be wanted by those in charge of putting them into effect :)
Dementika
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Dementika »

oh for sure, i didnt think you guys were working on magery as well as the new facet, the mage in my heart is glad to hear that ;). But yeah the french in me mispelled my last sentence i guess, i meant ill work on my character and wait for the updates heh. Feel free to delete the post nyx ill take your advice and wait on specific if one day its needed.