UOsteam Scripting

Discussion about the technical aspects of scripting. Ask about all issues involving your freelance projects here.
MrJones
Expert Scribe

UOsteam Scripting

Post by MrJones »

Hey guys,
If someone can help me with how to create a script that will move my character to different locations,
I would appreciate it. I would like to know a basic scrip that can move me from one location to another based upon each rune book's default location, such for like Mining or hunting.
If you are a really good with scripting and can help me, and I can achieve what I want to do, then maybe I can throw you something, like a Sot, or gloves of Pug or just something for your time... Please again, I'm looking for someone that knows scripting language that UOsteam uses... so i can add to a script I already use to move me from one place to another back and forth. If you think you can help me, Please PM me. Mr.Jones
THANKS
The Great One,
Mr.Jones!!
MrJones
Expert Scribe

Re: UOsteam Scripting

Post by MrJones »

Bump
The Great One,
Mr.Jones!!
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Please do not bump threads that are only a day old.
jradford
Master Scribe

Post by jradford »

Just do a simple google search for uosteam and runebook. I got a bunch of hits for recalling off a runebook and mining, or other activities. There are web sites out there dedicated to uosteam script. Also, try doing a search on these forums. People have posted many scripts and one of them may work for you. Once you find something close to what you need, maybe someone can help you tweak it.
MrJones
Expert Scribe

Post by MrJones »

Man, I have been looking for a while....
its hard believe it or not for what im looking for.
Thats why im looking for someone on our shard that can write or connect the dots between the scripts im trying or wanting to use.. thanks for input though :)
The Great One,
Mr.Jones!!
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

The trouble is that most of the players with such scripts or capabilities don't want to give that sort of thing freely. One never knows what someone will do with such scripts and a lot of the time, people who've been given these sorts of scripts use them inappropriately and eventually end up being caught AFK'ing and such. Most players don't want to be a part of that. It's generally better for one to learn to make that sorta thing for themselves, because it's unlikely anyone is going to want to risk being a part of making AFK'ing on the shard worse.
MrJones
Expert Scribe

Post by MrJones »

well, Im always at the keyboard lol, I never want to be the one to do such...
But it would be nice to EAT dinner, watch a football game, or just sit back a little and relax.. im not worried about being AFK.. just trying to make it easy for some occasions to keep moving forward .. I guess I will have to figure it out I guess.. lol I understand what your saying completely... Thanks for input +Nyx
The Great One,
Mr.Jones!!
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Keep in mind that being "at the keyboard" in terms of our shard means "paying attention to the screen". If you fail an AFK check, saying "I was watching football" doesn't make it go away. Lots of players do this, but it isn't encouraged since it can (and often does) lead to jail when one gets too focused on the other screen/window and misses a check. Just a heads up.
Unbeliever
Legendary Scribe

Post by Unbeliever »

RE: Your original post - for an SoT I could and would show you how to do such a thing with Razor. I made my own lumberjacking macro that cycles through 3 different runebooks and harvests wood at 48 different spots. Checks for weight and automatically adds the wood to resource keys when loaded. Could easily be altered for mining or other tasks once you understand how it's written. Let me know here or in-game if you're interested.
in-game Thomas Covenant