[EasyUO] CyberPope's Lumberjacking Radar v1.0t

Discussion about the technical aspects of scripting. Ask about all issues involving your freelance projects here.
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

[EasyUO] CyberPope's Lumberjacking Radar v1.0t

Post by BlaZe »

CP's Lumberjacking Radar is very similar to his Mining one; it scans nearby tiles for chop-able trees and displays them on a, well, radar. Click on one of the question marks and it will chop the spot dry (or until you're too full, axe breaks, etc.). It has a few additional features that the Mining Radar doesn't, like a Statistics page which shows how much wood you've chopped in your career, separated by facet and wood type.

Click here to view the original post by CyberPope, an EasyUO account may be required.

Changes I've made to the script:
-Added our custom lumber
-Removed that silly non-chop-able tree (o'hii)

To do:
-Woodworker Keys support
-???

NOTES:
-When the script first runs and you choose 'Yes' for tracking wood colors, on the next page it shows some examples of what the color/text will look like, disregard it. For some reason, that setup page doesn't read the correct colors and text of the wood types.
-Our wood veins are 4x4.
-You may run into some issues if you have the Filter Repeating System Messages option checked in Razor.
-Should you come across any problems with this modified script, post them here and not in the original EasyUO thread.
-If you encounter massive purple tiles when you start the script (which I'm sure many people will), this means that you need to add a registry entry that tells EasyUO where UO is installed to. Go to your install folder -> RAZOR HOWTO and read the Text files in there for info on how to do this.
Cyberpopes LJ Radar 1.0t.zip
(35.07 KiB) Downloaded 756 times
For those who are wondering, the file is zipped until a forum administrator allows the use of the .euo or .txt extensions - it was much too large to just put in a code display.
Attachments
Cyberpopes LJ Radar 1.0t.zip
(35.07 KiB) Downloaded 766 times
Last edited by BlaZe on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
EasyUO Devotee
Download
My Popular ScripZ
Pet FightR | Doorman | TrainR: Lockpicking | HealR
Nelapsi
Legendary Scribe

Re: [EasyUO] CyberPope's Lumberjacking Radar v1.0t

Post by Nelapsi »

Started playing with the script this morning... I am really like it. Great job and thanks
Ryslock
Novice Scribe

Post by Ryslock »

Picked this up earlier, makes it a helluva lot easier.

Thanks for sharing and doing the wood mod Blaze. :dance
Efanchenko_MM
Legendary Scribe

Post by Efanchenko_MM »

Thanks Blaze, Will try this out later, I use the mining radar and love it, so I'm sure this will just as great.
EFANCHENKO MM
Ceara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Ceara »

There is a "stop on colored wood" option.

Does it really have to stop in order to record the colored wood? Or will it record without pausing?
"Listen to my music, and hear what it can do. There's something here as strong as life. I know it will reach you." - Neil Peart 2112
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Post by BlaZe »

Re-uploaded.
EasyUO Devotee
Download
My Popular ScripZ
cougar4357
Elder Scribe

Post by cougar4357 »

Hey all, I downloaded this tonight to give it a shot but cant get it to record any of the colored wood i'm finding. any suggestions would be appreciated as I've done everything I can think of to no avail.
Thanks
Arathor
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Post by BlaZe »

cougar4357 wrote:Hey all, I downloaded this tonight to give it a shot but cant get it to record any of the colored wood i'm finding.
First suggestion (the "dur-da-durr" one) is to make sure its displaying "+Track Wood+" at the bottom, but that's probably on. If not, toggle that in Options > Settings.

Go into Options > Advanced, make sure PreWood says "You_put_some_" and PostWood is "_logs" (minus the quotation marks). These are written to the registry - so odds are high that if you've used a previous version of CP's Radar(s), it probably wrote the standard OSI/EA lumberjacking lines and this version loaded those up instead of the Excelsior/RunUO ones.
Ceara wrote:Does it really have to stop in order to record the colored wood? Or will it record without pausing?
It will record the wood type either way, I think the "Stop on colored wood" option is for people who are trying to quickly mark runes or plot out a large area of trees. Sorry about the late reply, I didn't notice the question until now. :(
EasyUO Devotee
Download
My Popular ScripZ
cougar4357
Elder Scribe

Post by cougar4357 »

Thanks Blaze, I changed the lines you suggested and went out and chopped some zircote wood but its still not changing on the radar.. I dont know what I'm doing wrong :(
On second look at the radar, I went into the Woods menu and noticed that none of our custom wood is showing up in the list. Any ideas how to fix this?
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Post by BlaZe »

cougar4357 wrote:I went into the Woods menu and noticed that none of our custom wood is showing up in the list. Any ideas how to fix this?
They don't appear on there, it would have required me to rewrite a bunch of the menu code.

I'm not sure why this isn't working for you - if you're comfortable with it, I'd be happy to take a look via TeamViewer.
EasyUO Devotee
Download
My Popular ScripZ
cougar4357
Elder Scribe

Post by cougar4357 »

yeah blaze if you can do that, i would appreciate it.
I'll go ahead and redownload easyuo ( deleted everything when it wasnt working, got a bit frustrated) just pm arathor when your ready.
Ilsanor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Ilsanor »

Went ahead and modified the script to use wood keys if you have them (behaves normally if you dont). Thx to Blaze for the keys subs.
Attachments
Cyberpopes LJ Radar 1.0t with keys.zip
(37.03 KiB) Downloaded 467 times
Riath
Passer by

Post by Riath »

Post by CyberPope in his EasyUO thread:
Do a search of the registry for the following keys

LJColor_SHARDNAME_GridArea_Facet#
LJLoc_SHARDNAME , Index#
LJDBW_SHARDNAME , Facet#
CPLR_Export
CPLR_Import
CPLR_Drop
CPLR_Stats_SHARDNAME
CPLR_WOODS_SHARDNAME
CPLR_Axes_SHARDNAME (only used if changed from Default)
CPLR_Tiles_SHARDNAME (only used if changed from Default)

Those are the variables to delete.
I couldn't get it to track either, so I tried this, and it worked. To find the variables, basically run a search in regedit for EasyUO, and once you find the keys, delete anything with LJ in the name.
InuReisei
Novice Scribe

Post by InuReisei »

I notice that the script will just freeze up when you get Grade A logs and it tries to use the keys, is there anyway to have it ignore the grade a's and just put up the others and go on?
Viola
Adept Scribe

Post by Viola »

If you would like to ignore grade a's, pop your sturdy axes on the tool house and it pops back out a regular axe. Problem solved!
The power of cute compels you!
So sayeth the Bunneh . . .