Weird broken house in Ilshenhar!

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Weird broken house in Ilshenhar!

Post by Viirin »

I was out mining for paragon ore elementals (everything can be paragon, right? And ore elementals, just like Earth, might rarely drop a map, right? I want a set of ore elemental paragon chests so that's where I mine) and I saw something odd, so I took a screenshot.
Attachments
Screenshot (703).png
Screenshot (703).png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 2303 times
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Re: Weird broken house in Ilshenhar!

Post by Xavian »

Either staff saw your post and removed it, or your something glitched because it isn't there anymore.
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Post by Viirin »

I refreshed the page and I still see it. I'm also next to it in-game and it's still there, too. What did you mean?

Edit: Made pic half size and uploaded it again.
Attachments
Screenshot (703).png
Screenshot (703).png (329.11 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
Shindaril
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Shindaril »

Hiya,

You might want to wipe your client cache:

http://www.uoex.net/wiki/Client_Cache

-Shindaril
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

Shindaril may have given the more technical answer... I simply meant that I ran out to the same spot and there was nothing there when I got there earlier.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Thanks for the bug report, i just went there and i can't see these walls either. Although client cache can be the issue, this is more common in places with player housing (you might go from Magda and see a house that's not there, but the house is on that same spot in Malas, or half of a house is missing or similar like here you see walls that aren't actually there).

I'd suggest re-downloading the prepatched client. If you already have it, maybe no need to actually "reinstall" it all, just replace the "statics2.mul" and "staidx2.mul" files from the freshly unzipped folder into your UO directory.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)