Guilds in war and how it affects other players

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Shindaril
Grandmaster Scribe

Guilds in war and how it affects other players

Post by Shindaril »

Hiya,

Something surprising happened today and I thought I'd let everyone know. This is only informative and I'm not even asking to fix it as it's only a trivial matter on a non-PvP shard.

At some time ILV guild declared war against VeT and VeT accepted for the reason that we could notice the other guild's members more easily - out of friendship. The idea was great as there is no guild alliances. What it caused was the real surprise: We were doing Forget MoA with three members of VeT, one member of ILV and one newer player who wasn't a member of any guild. Unfortunately, that non-guilded player's pet died and when I tried to res it, I couldn't perform any beneficial acts on the pet...First I thought it was a matter with the targetting of my EasyUO auto-attack script and thought that I'll res the pet after the champ dies. He had no trouble keeping himself and the other pet alive, after all.

The boss spawned and I tanked it until the MoA began to flee. When the rest of us changed into bows, this non-guilded player stayed in melee and took a hit resulting in his death. I tried bandages, Restoration prayer and even Resurrect spell without any success, but the same line about beneficial acts - All while my auto-attack script was no longer running. In the end, he had to take a run to Britain for res when nobody there wasn't able to res him.

This is just a warning for other guild masters about the guild war state and in the case the staff wasn't yet aware of this, for you as well in the hopes you could add this info into a place where it's easier to find for every player. After all, this is a non-PvP shard and thus declaring a guild war won't let the guild members to hunt the other guild's members. I did a search on the forums and with google and couldn't find this info anywhere, so I thought to bring it up to avoid others being surprised as we were.

-Shindaril
MhBlis
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Guilds in war and how it affects other players

Post by MhBlis »

What may have happened and you would be in a better position to know

you dealt damage to one of the Vet or ILV players thus flagging yourself which means you and the Blue player can't interact.

It was something that floated around on the OSI servers for a while where people were using non faction or guild players to grief during those occasions.
Shindaril
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Shindaril »

I don't think it's due to being flagged as a criminal as certain transformation spells do flag you as well and there has been no problems healing innocents or being healed as a criminal on this shard. I also tested that I was not able to harm the other guild's member just to be sure that the system supports the rules of the shard. The matter was solved by settling for peace between the two guilds.

However, the main point of this warning was to let other guild masters along with the staff to know that being in a war with another guild prevents all beneficial acts from those two guild's members towards those players not within the two warring guilds - Innocents.

-Shindaril
ambivalence
Novice Scribe

Post by ambivalence »

this happened to me this weekend as well (im in ilv)

could not res a dead unguilded player with no one else around us (in the lost lands). could also not res nor heal a pet. was not around nor had attacked anyone/anything recently.

also, when "war" was first declared i tried attacking nikola @ Ilv shops and i could not hit him....