Unable to enter game. The portal works fine though

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
losludvig
Passer by

Unable to enter game. The portal works fine though

Post by losludvig »

After a long break from the game I am unable to log in. I tried downloading the pre-packaged installer and reinstalling with no luck, still gives me the "your account credentials are invalid" error. For some reason I can log in to portal.uoex.net fine. Last I played I was unable to use the portal, being stuck in the "select character" -> relog bug, but now it works fine. When attempting to log in, I usually get the error right away, but some times uo just hangs at "checking account". I have also tried letting razor launch uo (I have made the necessary registry edits).
Please asssist.
losludvig
Passer by

Re: Unable to enter game. The portal works fine though

Post by losludvig »

I've searched around on the wiki for quite a while, and can't find any info on how to change your password other than inside the game, and since I can't enter the game (only the portal) that doesn't do anything for me. Similarly I can't find any info on how to delete my account, since we are only allowed 1 account per person. I've tried redownloading the game again, no luck.
Since I can't get into my old account, I'm making a new account "losludvigtest" and forget about the old one.
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

Did you try to email the Coordinating administrator at: ca@uoex.net? That would probably be the better choice before you end up with both accounts banned or deleted or something. Completely up to you tho...
losludvig
Passer by

Post by losludvig »

thanks for the info, I'll do that straight away