Plant-Related Bugs

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Plant-Related Bugs

Post by Viirin »

A few things I noticed so far.

Belita gave me this compiled screenshot of her Naturalist plants she crossbred (I figure the pollen can be taken because of the crossbreeding hues- Thanks +Nyx!- but adding pollen to it does nothing or at least that's how mine are. Just X where resource and seeds would be. But Belita's are either mutant or plain color, and 8 instead of 3. Then again, it's on the Naturalist + Naturalist crossbreeds, not Naturalist + Original. So...
But like I said. I have plants like that but they show an X instead of an 8.

The custom hue plant seeds are written wrong. The normal plant naming template is "Color" "Type". These seeds, however, are "Type" "Color". "Rushes Sherbet" as an example, instead of "Bright Red Century", as another example.
Attachments
mutant plain.png
mutant plain.png (695.14 KiB) Viewed 4326 times
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Re: Plant-Related Bugs

Post by Annachie »

There's a comment in one of the other threads from +C concerning Naturalist plants that were growing when he fixed a bug. Something about them presenting wrong.

edit
http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9714
Character name: Ebony
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

I posted this on another thread then realised it may be better placed on this one .......

I have gone to pull out a plant I had in a secure chest and went to use it to pollinate another and this message came up, is this just part of the fix that happened and will this message not appear on new plants grown?
Attachments
plant error message.PNG
plant error message.PNG (159.51 KiB) Viewed 4216 times
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

hehe, same reply:

This is an update for all plants (as far as I know, but it's possibly only in right now for the fancy plants), you can no longer pull pollen from any plant that has been stored in a container through previous growth checks.
Waylander69
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Waylander69 »

and I believe that +Nyx already clarified that eventhough the fancy plants may indicate seeds i.e displaying "0/8" instead of "X" they never did and still do not produce seeds, as per the pics below
Attachments
rare fire colored plant2.jpg
rare fire colored plant2.jpg (25.23 KiB) Viewed 4196 times
rare fire colored plant1.jpg
rare fire colored plant1.jpg (27.95 KiB) Viewed 4168 times
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Post by Viirin »

Got a new plant bug... might not be a bug, but might be. So I'm bringing it up.
I was talking with Kensi over teamspeak last night about new hues and current crossbreeding projects with normal plants to fill our seed boxes, and she said the same thing I suspected- some of the normal plants are growing twice a day even without fertile dirt being used. I use sprinklers, so I don't see how I missed EVERYTHING repeatedly. Did my memory get worse, hers at the same time, and there's a bug, or...
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Hello -
Is that happening on days when there has been a server reboot? It would be normal in those cases.
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Post by Viirin »

It's been happening the last 3 days, or 72 hours. Though, my last growth check was normal.
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Post by Viirin »

New bug!

Has to do with the seed box.

I have two Lime colored seed producers growing, so I thought I'd risk sacrificing a Prickly Pear Lime (should be Lime Prickly Pear) seed, and try to see if the box would reject it like it does for bonsai and unidentified naturalist seeds.

Seed is gone. Box deleted it.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I'll let +C know, but keep in mind none of the new colors are accepted by the seed box