Rare coloured seeds reporting as plain.

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Rare coloured seeds reporting as plain.

Post by Annachie »

I had some rare coloured seeds, fire red and pink mostly, stashed in a wooden chest since they wouldn't go into the seed box. Logged in and they are now reporting as plain.

Pretty sure I didn't try and place most of them into the seed box as I acquired most of them after that problem started.

I decided to plant 3, along with a rare pink that I had just acquired, and they are currently reporting as plain. (Not the rare pink)
Character name: Ebony
Kethlaa
Passer by

Re: Rare coloured seeds reporting as plain.

Post by Kethlaa »

My growing plants of rare seeds (10 pots or so) have turned into plain ones including a rare bonsai seed from the latest quest. One of them has bloomed today as plain champion flowers. I like plain champion flowers, though. :wink:
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I'll let +C know, we had some plant changes for Elysium go in with the reboot yesterday and apparently something went awry
Kethlaa
Passer by

Post by Kethlaa »

Thanks a lot +N and +C!
They are now shown as what their colours supposed to be. :D
And yes! They can be crossbreeded now. :shock:
(The font colour beside the seed icon on the Reproduction panel seems somewhat tricky?)
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

We didn't update the font color for these new hues, as they didn't translate very well (a lot looked the same as other, old hues in the text, so no real use bothering with it). They'll show plain text hue even if they aren't
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

FYI those plants with naturalist color seeds that were planted before the restart, but are still in their growth stage, reported that you can collect 8 seeds from them. Now it's fixed, they wont give any seeds. Had to make them crossable, but then that throws off the system in a few places.

Also with the new colors, the 0/3 or whatever number there is, will now display properly. With naturalist colors it's actually not a problem, since there should aways be a grey X. But with the new colors, it should display ok after the next restart.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

I have gone to pull out a plant I had in a secure chest and went to use it to pollinate another and this message came up, is this just part of the fix that happened and will this message not appear on new plants grown?
Attachments
plant error message.PNG
plant error message.PNG (159.51 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

This is an update for all plants (as far as I know, but it's possibly only in right now for the fancy plants), you can no longer pull pollen from any plant that has been stored in a container through previous growth checks.