Fireballs after entering portals.

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Fireballs after entering portals.

Post by Iltar »

Strange thing happened to me twice in Blighted Grove.
Once i was running from lady Mel through Drevo to the portal to waiting area. I was watching my hps so Abcesses wouldn't kill me, and all the way to the portal my hps were full. Suddenly after entering the portal I made a few steps in waiting area and died, with corpse remaining in waiting area. Another time I entered dungeon, ran to portal with full hps all the way, but in waiting area my hps got to about 40%. These death and hit are strange as even if i did miss 1 hit at the end it should've be ok for 230hp 195 dex autohealing, and I'm sure I had full hps when i entered portal still. I didn't seem to have any lag.
I suspect that some fireball was fired to me while i was running and hit me somehow after I entered the portal, making much more damage then it should be, which is wrong.
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)
SLiMX
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Fireballs after entering portals.

Post by SLiMX »

I think its the special from the Abscess
Now known as HaZaRdOuS, still the same awesomeness behind the keyboard :)
Terra
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Terra »

Iltar, getting hit without u notice it is possible, but i think u mistook the animation. Probably was not a fireball, but "breath attack" which looks exactly as a fireball. "Breath attack" usually deals a lot more dmg than fireball, cos it's based on monsters HP, not spelldmg/evaluate int. Also UO have spells with delay effect like explosion. If an explosion were casted on u and while u run a fireball casted as well, it is possible u were hit with both at the same time, making the fireball looks extremely powerful. Nothing wrong. It's how the game works.
Ishamael
Elder Scribe

Post by Ishamael »

The abcesses do have a nasty breath weapon that does a lot of damage. I have had the exact same thing happen. when they use it on you it is a guarantee hit, but I have noticed as long as you outrun the fireball, the damage is delayed, but once it hits... done.
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

Didn't realize that abcesses have firebreath. Thats because i play easy mode with pets and never died from firebreath there except that cases.
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)