Can't log in, Invalid credentials.

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Benzo
Apprentice Scribe

Can't log in, Invalid credentials.

Post by Benzo »

I'm trying to login using the username and password I chose to open the account.

Username: Benzo
PW: **************

But for whatever reason it keeps saying "Your account credentials are invalid. Check your ID and password and try again."
Benzo
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Can't log in, Invalid credentials.

Post by Benzo »

Just thought I would mention I can log in to UORenassaince without any a problem
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

You have 4 posts, and you've mentioned other shards, by name, in 3 of them.

I'm beginning to think you're just trolling for some advertising.

According to our codex (rules),
d. No advertisements or soliciting of real world entities allowed. Mentioning of a website, product, other shard, etc., is permitted to some extent, but should a staff member deem your words to be an advertisement, you may be jailed, banned from chat, or even banned from the shard.
Leave the other shards nameless from here on please.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

If you're having issues logging in, please email ca@uoex.net, and he will assist you as soon as he is able to. I'll also mention it to the other admins for you. If you give me your email, i will forward it to them: requiem@uoex.net
JimTheDM
Elder Scribe

Post by JimTheDM »

Is the shard and port correct when your logging in?
It should be shard.uoex.net and port 60. Also if you are running Win 7,8,10 make sure that you are running all of the programs for UO in compatibility mode for Win XP either sp2 or 3 and run them as administrator. There is a post under help in the forums that I did that goes through how to do that if you are unsure.

Jamkul
Jamkul
Guild Master
Ghost Walkers Guild (GW)
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

Make sure caps lock isnt on
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Benzo
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Benzo »

Yeah I've tried all that. UO isn't exactly a modern program, so I've always set it for compatibility mode. did the HKLOCAL registry install as advised, and it installed according to the rest of the walkthrough. (Note: I found the HKLOCAL registry can't be done with WIN98-14*whetever, as it won't execute as a registry).

I've done a complete reinstall 3 times - including uninstalling the other shard for posible conflicts. Checked and cleared any possible (none) problems in c:/User/appdata/local/blah/blah/blah folders. As I installed each addition (Razor/UOAM), I did it one at a time to observe what changes might occur, and nothing. Still the same.

Set the .cfg to direct to the excelsior shard.
I've installed excelsior without razor, and no good.
Installed with razor and no UOAM and still no good.
Installed with UOAM and no Razor and still no good
Installed with Razor and UOAM and still no good
Set UOAM to the appropriate info for the server.
Set razor to the appropriate excelsior info, and executed to be denied again.
Set all executables to have admin privileges.
Checked my email account to make sure I am indeed putting in the correct username/password, which I have been.
Banged face on keyboard - still no good.

And nothing has seemed to worked. No combo, or amount of tinkering, can seem to make it get past the login screen. Is it possible it's a server side error? I mean, why else would it prevent me from logging in when everything else is done correctly? I liken it to driving down a toll way - you get to the toll booth, put your $2 in, and the boom gate stays down, then the operator turns to you with a dumb look and says "it must be your car - your car stopped the boom gate from letting you through." Just a thought.... not saying any of you are stupid :)

I've reinstalled the other shard several times nows and its' worked fine everytime. But it's a cesspit of PK butt holes and that go in dry, and use your own blood for lube....

Been playing Ultima7 with a sad face for the last hour now :(
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

I have replied to your email, and forwarded it to the other admins as well.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Hi Benzo, and welcome (hopefully soon anyway hehe) to UOEX. I apologize for the relatively un-warm welcome you've received so far, but not to worry - it's a great shard!

Unfortunately I'm not able to help you with your issue but +C usually checks in a few times a day so hopefully he'll be able to assist you before too long. :)
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

It could just be something rather simple

Stated here
http://www.uoex.net/codex/technical/startup

"- If you get a "Your account credentials are invalid" message, that means that the username is already taken...."

it is likley that the username you want to use is in use by someone else...

the username and password you set up for the forums are not the same for logging into the game.

just a thought ...
Benzo
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Benzo »

Well that's just lovely, i'll give it another try with a differerent account name
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

It's not likely to be that, I checked earlier and the benzo account name is brand new, with no characters - which would imply it's the one you've tried to make. I'd have mentioned it if I suspected that.
Benzo
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Benzo »

+Nyx wrote:It's not likely to be that, I checked earlier and the benzo account name is brand new, with no characters - which would imply it's the one you've tried to make. I'd have mentioned it if I suspected that.
Well that's a real mystery, because I made a new account with a reversered username "ozneB" and I'm now in game.
Attachments
Super-Sexy.png
Super-Sexy.png (277.28 KiB) Viewed 7313 times
Benzo
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Benzo »

I created the ozneB account and within 10 seconds was in the game. No dramas at all. Retrying to login in to my original Benzo account comes up with the same "lack of credentials" nonsense.

Considering how much mess I've made already would probably be best if I leave before things get any worse? :worried:
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Odd, who knows. Perhaps something went wonky with the original account and this one didn't, and now is. I have no idea. The only thing I can see in the admin panel is that the IPs are different, so perhaps it's something with that. We'll have to wait for +C on this one. :?