UOEX website possible bug

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

UOEX website possible bug

Post by Alibaster »

not sure where to post this so I thought here would be best

I'm using Chrome as my browser. If I go to uoex.net and click on any of the 5 voting site links at the bottom of the page, the website open in a new tab for a second or two and then closes out. not sure if this is an issue with my computer or if there is an issue with Chrome and the website not playing nice. Can anyone check and see what happens when they try? This just started yesterday.
Alibaster in game!!
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: UOEX website possible bug

Post by +Colibri »

Hey, i saw a help ticket with this issue - i assume it was you.

I tried chrome like you described, but the tabs stay open. Does anyone else have this problem?

As a workaround for you, i'd recommend:
1. Click the "open browser" button, it will open chrome for you.
2. Copy paste the whole address into firefox: not just "uoex.net", but for example: "http://www.uoex.net/?VoteId=l02onkVf6W"
3. Vote like normal. This "VoteId=" followed by random characters is what ensures that sites properly relay your identity back to the shard (for some, it works ok without it. for others, it's basically mandatory to vote directly from the stone, otherwise, it doesn't get detected as fair).
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Re: UOEX website possible bug

Post by Alibaster »

+Colibri wrote:Hey, i saw a help ticket with this issue - i assume it was you.

I tried chrome like you described, but the tabs stay open. Does anyone else have this problem?

As a workaround for you, i'd recommend:
1. Click the "open browser" button, it will open chrome for you.
2. Copy paste the whole address into firefox: not just "uoex.net", but for example: "http://www.uoex.net/?VoteId=l02onkVf6W"
3. Vote like normal. This "VoteId=" followed by random characters is what ensures that sites properly relay your identity back to the shard (for some, it works ok without it. for others, it's basically mandatory to vote directly from the stone, otherwise, it doesn't get detected as fair).
Perfect that will work and yes that was my ticket as well. Thanks. I'll also try rebooting later today and see if that fixes it. That seems to be the universal fix for everything computer related. :lool:
Alibaster in game!!