Not serious, but annoying - [pm and long lists of names

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Jax2
Grandmaster Scribe

Not serious, but annoying - [pm and long lists of names

Post by Jax2 »

I do not know if you will consider this a bug or not, but I am going to explain how to reproduce it, rather than trying to describe it, and you can go from there.

1) Choose a name that will bring up a long list of player names, I.e. [pm rick ... This will bring up the list.
2) Using your mouse, drag the list upwards until you can see the last name on the list.
3) Close the list (right click) or pm the person on the bottom - either way.
4) Now, type in a name that will only bring up a short list - [pm miranda for example (2 or 3 names show up usually)

If you did the steps as I outlines, you should see no list of people to pm show up on your screen, because you moved the long list up, out of the screen area. The only way you can get the window back and centered is to log out, or, you can type the same name you used the first time to open a long list again, and move it back down so you can see the top.

Solution: I would recommend, if possible, to have the window self-center itself each time you type in [pm, rather than remembering last position. It's not breaking the game, but it is rather annoying to have to "fix" it each time you have to scroll to look for someones name in a list.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Not serious, but annoying - [pm and long lists of names

Post by +Nyx »

Please send these kinds of reports in a page in-game. Nowadays, this forum section is more meant for issues where you can't log in to use the page system in the first place.

I'm not sure if +C will find this significant enough to fix or not. The game remembers where you've moved each type of gump on the screen, and the various chat menus are all considered the same type of gump, which is why this happens.