BUG with Training Room

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Marcus0
Passer by

BUG with Training Room

Post by Marcus0 »

Hi,

I'm new to this shard...started playing 3 days ago. Spent a lot of time playing and macroing and crossed 1000 total skills yesterday (day 2...now non-Young). I really like the "no skill cap". On day 3 I made it to 1400 skills and got my Health up to 91 (I know this is a combo of STR and DEX), but STATS go up real slow.

I was reading forum messages about how to best raise STR, and one of them suggested going back to the Training Room and using a combat skill (even if the skill doesn't gain, I would get STR). So I went there (as a non-Young player) and started Wrestling. Suddenly I realized my STATS had dropped.

Is there some secret penalty if a non-Young player goes to the Training room he loses stats? My Health went from 91 to 84. I lost 3 point of INT. I figure I lost 12+ hours of gameplay, for what I think is a BUG. This has nothing to do with the green newbie helmet...I was not carrying or wearing it.

I tried to resolve in chat, but the "children" on the shard thought I was trying to game a GM for some STATS. Jeez...if I was trying to game STATS, I'd ask for a lot more than 91. I'm reporting a HUGE bug.

I paged, but got no reply. I think some C++ code needs to be added to stop a non-Young player from going to the Training Room.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: BUG with Training Room

Post by +Nyx »

Marcus0 wrote:Hi,

I'm new to this shard...started playing 3 days ago. Spent a lot of time playing and macroing and crossed 1000 total skills yesterday (day 2...now non-Young). I really like the "no skill cap". On day 3 I made it to 1400 skills and got my Health up to 91 (I know this is a combo of STR and DEX), but STATS go up real slow.

I was reading forum messages about how to best raise STR, and one of them suggested going back to the Training Room and using a combat skill (even if the skill doesn't gain, I would get STR). So I went there (as a non-Young player) and started Wrestling. Suddenly I realized my STATS had dropped.

Is there some secret penalty if a non-Young player goes to the Training room he loses stats? My Health went from 91 to 84. I lost 3 point of INT. I figure I lost 12+ hours of gameplay, for what I think is a BUG. This has nothing to do with the green newbie helmet...I was not carrying or wearing it.

I tried to resolve in chat, but the "children" on the shard thought I was trying to game a GM for some STATS. Jeez...if I was trying to game STATS, I'd ask for a lot more than 91. I'm reporting a HUGE bug.

I paged, but got no reply. I think some C++ code needs to be added to stop a non-Young player from going to the Training Room.

Hi there,

We are not on 24/7, but we do get to pages pretty quickly. Sending a page then making a rude/ranting forum post does not help the issue. I've already replied to you in game, but then I saw your post so I will reply here as well.

The training room does not in any way cause you to lose stats. The only way that would happen is if you had some stats at their individual caps (125 per, starting) and then marked a stat to go 'down' instead of up. I see that you have them all set to 'up', but it's possible you toggled them down and then later fixed it without remembering it. I see in your backpack you have a +str bracelet you're not currently wearing, so again there's a high chance that you had this equipped before, noted your hits, then unequipped it later and only just now noticed the change. The same can go for the newbie helmet, which will automatically become unwearable when your skills get past 1000, which I see you recently achieved. Another thought is that you might have been wearing an armor piece that gave you +str, but which reached 0 durability and poofed while you were fighting the trainer afk. You may have forgotten all about it, but then when it poofs you lose the str bonus and thus some hitpoints.

Anyway, suffice to say, there's nothing in the training room that can or will cause you to lose stats. In the future, you would really be better served not behaving quite so indignant and angrily toward the staff. We are volunteers here, and we spend a very large number of hours assisting players like yourself with all kinds of issues. When you need/want something from us, it's always best to approach the situation in a calm, mature manner. It'll help keep you out of jail and improve your overall game experience drastically.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Also, I'd like to note that you submitted your page at 21:54 shard time, and then you posted this thread at 22:23. I replied to your page at 22:34 and here on the forums at 22:43. Your issue went without response for only ~30 minutes before you went to rage at us on the forums, and your entire issue was handled in under 1 hour. Your overreaction to not receiving a reply is a bit extreme and ridiculous.
Marcus0
Passer by

Post by Marcus0 »

I don't think I was being rude, but your reaction says you took it as such. Sorry to bother you. Good luck with the shard.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011