Unfilled BOD "turned in" without dropping it on blacksmith

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
jradford
Master Scribe

Unfilled BOD "turned in" without dropping it on blacksmith

Post by jradford »

So I was in Haven filling iron BODs. I was doing a 20 EX Spear. While I was adding the last 5 spears in my backpack to the BOD, the BOD disappeared with the chime that happens when you drop a BOD on a vendor. The reward was in my backpack, and so were the last 5 spears. When I clicked on the vendor to get a new BOD, it told me one would not be available for 2 hours. So it never recognized I turned it in. My backpack was not on the game screen, so it did not click on the vendor through the bag.

Weird. Everything worked fine after that.
heyyo
Legendary Scribe

Re: Unfilled BOD "turned in" without dropping it on blacksmith

Post by heyyo »

If you're running penny's bod filler/craft aid? Same thing has happened to me. Otherwise if not, there is a gump on every BOD that will turn in to nearby turn in npcs when clicked. Maybe you hit that, and maybe it was only a 15/15 BOD.

On penny's craft aid, If you're busy clicking somewhere else in game, I think it can mess up the script and it will hit the 'turn in for reward' gump by mistake. You get the reward/gold, but you are unable to collect a new BOD for some reason when it is turned in this way. Especially irritating if you're working on a large, high reward BOD, and it turns in one of the smalls you were planning on adding to the large. Learned that the hard way.

Do not fill BODs next to a corresponding turn-in npc, and it will not happen. I'm not sure how it turned in an unfilled BOD if it only had 15/20. Maybe it was actually a 15? Or you had another filled BOD in your pack already? I know closing up your main backpack or opening new backpacks tend to screw it up too: it will start making the wrong item, or too much. So always keep just the main pack with the BODs you want to fill in front. It's difficult to multitask doing this, but possible if you're careful.
jradford
Master Scribe

Re: Unfilled BOD "turned in" without dropping it on blacksmith

Post by jradford »

I had this happen again tonight. Filling a BOD in Haven near the forges. Was clicking on the items in my backpack to add to the BOD. Before the BOD was filled, the sound of the BOD being turned in went off and the reward was in my backpack. Tried to ask the BS for a new BOD, and it told me I had to wait 2 hours. I am doing this by hand. No macros/scripts running.