RESOLVED Trouble login in

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Trithebest
Apprentice Scribe

RESOLVED Trouble login in

Post by Trithebest »

Hi,

When I log in with UOSteam I get this error message in a pop up ;

Unknown packet : 0xd6

And when I try to log in with the normal launcher, I can move a couple steps then everything crashes, I also can't seem to communicate in any way.

Is anyone having the same issues? Or maybe knows how to solve this issue?

Thank you for your help,

Trithebest
Last edited by Trithebest on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baxster
Adept Scribe

Re: Trouble login in

Post by Baxster »

I usually have this issue whenever there's been a shard reboot, always in a different location in Malas or Magda. Whenever it happens, I have to log back in with the normal client, run a few steps in a direction until the client freezes, force quit, and repeat until I'm far enough away from whatever is triggering the freeze. You'll have to run about a screen away, and then avoid that area for a few hours, after which whatever is triggering the freeze goes away.
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

I have had this issue a couple times. Seems to be location based. So i login to a different char and page saying that my other Char is stuck. Give the char name and someone should be able to help, or at the very least pop you somewhere else. That was the fix, they just planted me in brit.
Vixen
Passer by

Post by Vixen »

Unsure about the uosteam as I don't use it however I've had the crashing before. Easy fix for me it to log in open runebook and recall away log out and back in and everything should be fine.
Trithebest
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Trithebest »

Hi there all, thanks for the answers!

To Baxster, thank you very much, I did what you told me to and it worked fine.

Good day to all,

Trithebest