Paper doll bug? after patch 4c download and install

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Fayude
Novice Scribe

Paper doll bug? after patch 4c download and install

Post by Fayude »

As the image shows, my cursor is over my paper doll on my pants and hunters headdress. However, they show they are earrings and a bracelet respectively. I'm actually wearing a robe, and you shouldn't be able to see my pants, and there is a white glow around the hunters headdress that shouldn't be there. When I take off those pieces of jewelry, the discrepancies are removed from my paper doll. I'm the only one who can see the issue, and I can see pants on other peoples paper dolls in place of jewelry.

-Fayude
Attachments
paperdoll issue.jpg
paperdoll issue.jpg (618.1 KiB) Viewed 5694 times
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Paper doll bug? after patch 4c download and install

Post by +Nyx »

This indicates your patch was not successful and will need to be redone. Remember, you cannot be logged in to ANY type of UO program while patching.
Fayude
Novice Scribe

Post by Fayude »

So I did all that... completely closed UO, didn't have anything else running. Followed the instructions again, installed the patch, loaded the game, and my paper doll still looks bugged. :displeased:
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Are you running any sort of peerblock and/or antivirus (particularly norton)? These can be blocking the installation without you even realizing it. The patcher will think it completed OK but the files got prevented from copying by the other program. You'll want to check the permissions/logs on those types of programs.
Fayude
Novice Scribe

Post by Fayude »

I turned off everything: disabled my antivirus (avg), and turned off all other peer-to-peer programs (steam, ect.), reinstalled it, and it STILL is showing the issue in my paper doll. :verymad:
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Until we can figure this out, please get the patch by installing a fresh prepatched client, link is at www.uoex.net/startup

After you unzip it, you can move the "desktop" folder from your current client into the new one, so that you'll keep your macros & settings.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Fayude
Novice Scribe

Post by Fayude »

Still no change =(
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

clear your client cache As I had run into this same bug and cleared that following the client cache removal directions
http://uoex.net/wiki/Client_Cache

Hope this helps.

Lestat
Fayude
Novice Scribe

Post by Fayude »

Darn Lestat, I really had hopes that that would fix it! But unfortunately, it didn't. I was wondering. Also, +Nyx, is there a place to download the default backpack gump if we decide to revert back?
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

you can run the new ex patch file that Coli made and it will reinstall the default files automatically for you.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

You can also download the previous patches to essentially revert, but considering you're having so much trouble with applying the current patch I am not confident that will apply properly on your system either.
Fayude
Novice Scribe

Post by Fayude »

I just realized today that the totem I got from the boar hunting even is not correct. Mine is shaped like a large ogre (image attached). It won't let me equip it when i drag and drop it over my paper doll. This is all baffling to me =( Maybe this is another clue that could help??
Attachments
totem.jpg
totem.jpg (323.77 KiB) Viewed 5168 times
Fayude
Novice Scribe

Post by Fayude »

::UPDATE::

Thanks to Baxster my issue/bug has been fixed! Thanks again Baxster for walking me though it, and everyone else for their help in trying to fix! =)

Woohoo!
Baxster
Adept Scribe

Post by Baxster »

The bill is in the mail. :D
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Well, Baxster, share with the class - what was the trouble?