Out of virtual memory

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Gareatron
Expert Scribe

Re: Out of virtual memory

Post by Gareatron »

Ok got it to work what I had to do is close cortana and UO started. Thanks for the help guys.
UO character:Gareatron Guild:Jedi Order
nasskarr
Journeyman Scribe

Post by nasskarr »

I get this all the time. The only thing I've been able to do is run CCleaner, reboot, and start UO as soon as possible after computer comes back up. You may have to reboot more than once to get UO to boot.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

One thing is timing. You may have programs loading in the background, and those will quite often cause UO to crash. Once loaded, UO might start.

Also, once UO fails on memory once, it tends to not work until you reboot the computer. It might just seem that way to me though.

Another problem I've had is malware. I know from experience here that if UO will start normally, but not through Razor, then I have malware.
Of course sometimes malware has stopped UO starting at all.
Character name: Ebony
Snowdance
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Snowdance »

Hey guys,

as +Requiem said, check out that other forum post and pay close attention to the web address:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threa ... re.112556/

After getting frustrated with all the expanding the VRAM and admin rights etc etc, I ran that program on all my razor/uos executables and all uo executables I could find and now I have not had a single memory error in a year. I open my UOS/razor with multiple browsers, games and internet applications already open and never have an issue at all.

Check it out - its worth it.

-Morkel3b