No weapon leveling exp from some mobs?

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Jax2
Grandmaster Scribe

No weapon leveling exp from some mobs?

Post by Jax2 »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it was done on purpose, but there are a few mobs that give 0 exp for killing them (some of which take a bit to kill) I am speaking primarily about those in Khaldun, the zealots and some of the others. Is there any way this could be changed to give exp? It would make a great hunting spot / leveling spot if it was.

Thanks.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: No weapon leveling exp from some mobs?

Post by +Nyx »

It's intentional on many mobs, such as balrons. There are already an absolute ton of places to level a weapon, some places just aren't intended to be both a good farming spot and a leveling spot.
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

There are already an absolute ton of places to level a weapon
I just wished I knew one such place that had good exp and wasn't camped all the time like fel deceit. With buccaneer's den weapon exp nerfed, all dungeons are no better then 35k exp per full run. And me(an my friends) tried most of the shard for levelling weapons.
Just noting that weapon levelling is a major pain for players. At least for me, it is the single awful part of playing on uoex. Weapon levelling how it is now just rewards mindless grinding for days-weeks and searching spawn in deceit or waiting for spawn in other dungeons. Maybe I'm doing or understanding something about this game wrong, but it requires lots of time and gives zero sense of accomplishment, except high number on weapon stats and regrets of how dull the time on levelling is spent. Uoex would win a lot if there been harder places with more weapon exp than now.
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

or it would completely devalue the resale market for level 100 weapons as they appear fresh every couple days.
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Iltar wrote:I just wished I knew one such place that had good exp and wasn't camped all the time like fel deceit. With buccaneer's den weapon exp nerfed, all dungeons are no better then 35k exp per full run. And me(an my friends) tried most of the shard for levelling weapons.
Just noting that weapon levelling is a major pain for players. At least for me, it is the single awful part of playing on uoex. Weapon levelling how it is now just rewards mindless grinding for days-weeks and searching spawn in deceit or waiting for spawn in other dungeons. Maybe I'm doing or understanding something about this game wrong, but it requires lots of time and gives zero sense of accomplishment, except high number on weapon stats and regrets of how dull the time on levelling is spent. Uoex would win a lot if there been harder places with more weapon exp than now.
35kxp per hour is far higher than it was even a year or two ago, and far higher than +C would like. 28k per hour was about the highest one could manage before I revamped all of the fel dungeons, and even that was a bit high for +C's comfort level. On top of that, fel deceit isn't the only dungeon that gives that kind of xp, it's just the laziest one and thus overcamped and overadvertised. Weapons are meant to take a lot of effort to level, as leveling them is the basis for most relayers. If you don't derive any personal sense of satisfaction from leveling your weapons yourself, you can easily pay someone else to do it for you, or buy a pre-leveled one from another player.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

but the before time was pretty dark in other ways with the script based leveling and strain that put on staff.

I like it fine the way it is now. leveling should take a while to accomplish 100% there is nothing to be gained by making the game roll by too quickly, except losing interest quickly
Dorn
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Dorn »

Yoda wrote: leveling should take a while to accomplish 100% there is nothing to be gained by making the game roll by too quickly, except losing interest quickly
+1
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

35kxp per hour is far higher than it was even a year or two ago, and far higher than +C would like. ... fel deceit isn't the only dungeon that gives that kind of xp, it's just the laziest one and thus overcamped and overadvertised.
Main problem with other dungeons is that while they also give decent exp, they respawn much slower, so the speed is rather 35k/2hours, with one weapon taking 50 hours to level. Maybe 20 hours in fel deceit with it's respawn, but deceit is camped all the time. Just imagine that for 19 relayers and a couple of weapons, this means spending at least 600 hours(or nearly a month) in fel deceit, or more realistically much longer time in other places.
If you don't derive any personal sense of satisfaction from leveling your weapons yourself, you can easily pay someone else to do it for you, or buy a pre-leveled one from another player.
That what I was thinking myself but 200ed price for 100 levels on a weapon is perhaps the number that one could farm in equal time(maybe others can farm gold faster, but I doubt that the difference is big now at these facets), but that would be bigger effort in same time, so it's not that good option. I would be happy to pay 100ed for 100 levels deed, even if deed put bit less points on weapon. It would still be ok for relayer, and for weapon people would still need to level it, maybe partly in the process of normal gameplay.

2Yoda: I respect you as a person and as a player but it is just funny to remember seeing you levelling a ton of weapons in buccaneer's den and offering weapon levelling services in [c when buc's den was great weapon exp, and now you never offer weapon levelling in [c when buccaneer's den nerfed.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

100% not true I still offer weapon leveling, did before bucc's den had any mobs, or the felucca revamp entirely, I don't always advertise because I don't always need to.

As for bucc's den lets use the correct terminology

"nerfed" should be "fixed" staff acted 100% perfectly regarding the stone gargoyles dropping out of control experience amounts. It should never have been like that in the first place, to suggest that I only leveled weapons when it was is entirely in correct, as I leveled all of the stuff on my character, over half the stuff on pheobe's character, and a myriad of weapons for players all over the shard, irony being 90% of them were done before felucca was revamped at all.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Iltar wrote:Main problem with other dungeons is that while they also give decent exp, they respawn much slower, so the speed is rather 35k/2hours, with one weapon taking 50 hours to level. Maybe 20 hours in fel deceit with it's respawn, but deceit is camped all the time. Just imagine that for 19 relayers and a couple of weapons, this means spending at least 600 hours(or nearly a month) in fel deceit, or more realistically much longer time in other places.
This is a false assumption, the respawn times on all of the fel dungeons are the same. Deceit is a large dungeon, so it will feel like it respawns faster on a full run, because by the time you've reached the end and gone back, enough time has passed for things to respawn. Smaller dungeons will feel slower, though they are on the exact same respawn time, because you'll finish them more quickly and go back to the beginning before things have hit their respawn timer.
Iltar wrote:That what I was thinking myself but 200ed price for 100 levels on a weapon is perhaps the number that one could farm in equal time(maybe others can farm gold faster, but I doubt that the difference is big now at these facets), but that would be bigger effort in same time, so it's not that good option. I would be happy to pay 100ed for 100 levels deed, even if deed put 450 points on weapon. It would still be ok for relayer, and for weapon people would still need to level it, maybe partly in the process of normal gameplay.
Weapons leveled to 100 have pretty much never sold for 100 ED.
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

leveling should take a while to accomplish 100% there is nothing to be gained by making the game roll by too quickly, except losing interest quickly
That's true, but Elysium and Touria will solve this I am sure, not sweeping fel dungeons.
This is a false assumption, the respawn times on all of the fel dungeons are the same.
Then I'm wrong about respawn time. Fel shame respawn feels way slower than fel deceit - guess I'll need to check it again.
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Also, I can level a wep from 0-100 far faster than what you are describing. There are at least half a dozen Fel spots other than Deceit that give good XP and are almost never occupied. Fel Deceit is the easiest to reach, thus I think a lot of players tend to compete for that spot. A while back I even created a chart of some of them. Plus, I was here when leveling was actually painstakingly slow compared to what it is now. I don't think it needs a tweak. Actually, I think far fewer people are leveling weps because it's so much easier to do yourself now.

EDIT: Oh, and +Nyx made some tweaks back then to some of the dungeons to be even better than they used to be. While there could definitely be more, there are many now that are good and completely ignored for the most part so why rush?
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Iltar wrote:I just wished I knew one such place that had good exp and wasn't camped all the time like fel deceit.
Anywhere in Fel with undead is good. Trinsic, for example.
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

I believe that if fel deceit is empty of players all the time you need, then you can level a weapon faster. But one of my friends have also listed all dungeons with exp gained, and I also tested all the dungeons myself, and I can't see how you level weapon faster. For example, fel shame is 35k per run. Even if you kill all mobs once an hour that would be 30 hours per weapon. So that's slower than I'm describing. And travelling to fel shame and other spots also requires time.
Anyway I'm happy that you enjoy this game but how you enjoy the process of levelling a weapon is beyond my understanding. Maybe some people enjoy slowly training skills or bees, but these are parts of uoex can be avoided without big problems. And spending days levelling weapons or spending 200ed(or more) per relayer to pay to someone is a hit for many players, which can't be avoided unless you skip relayers.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

I would have said that Fel Shame is much easier to get to than Fel Deceit.
Character name: Ebony