No weapon leveling exp from some mobs?

Anything you find suspicious, things that crash your client, things that crash the server, anything that doesnt work as it should.
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Re: No weapon leveling exp from some mobs?

Post by Iltar »

2Wil, 2Annachie
I've tried both of the places and speed of levelling was way slower than fel deceit at least because of lower amount of ghouls/liches. I don't level in deceit often myself, but its very very slow process for me anyway.
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I think that expecting to have an excellent leveling spot that also gives good loot, is easy to get to, and also enjoyable is a bit much. In all games there are aspects which are boring but that result in excellent payoff - leveling a weapon to then have for a relayer is no different. If you find it untenable, as I said, you can either purchase a leveled weapon from someone else, or settle on alternatives to relayers instead. Also, keep in mind that when purchasing a leveled weapon from someone else, your expectation of paying half of what the usual price is for something that you find so miserably boring you don't want to do it yourself is a bit unrealistic. If you don't enjoy putting in what you deem so much hard, boring work, in order to finish weapons for yourself, why would you expect others to do that same work for so little payment? You can't really have it both ways :)
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

Also, keep in mind that when purchasing a leveled weapon from someone else, your expectation of paying half of what the usual price is for something that you find so miserably boring you don't want to do it yourself is a bit unrealistic.
The idea was to have deed that put level 100 and 450 points on weapon, not normal 495 points, that would be useful just for relayers. Levelling weapon that would be a real weapon would still be wanted and necessary. I understand that it is a really old and complex topic. I just suggested it here to not create a new thread with long whining as I had big desire to do lol.
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

We already offer level deeds, we don't have any plans or interest in adding additional types of them
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

So, don't stick to one dungeon for leveling? I have a run I do that nets me about 70kish experience and is fully populated by the time I'm ready to tackle it again. I'm not going to hand out the run or all the spots but it doesn't even go to Deceit or Shame so I know it's possible.

EDIT: And in approximately the same amount of time it would take you to clear Deceit twice were it to be fully empty...
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

Pariah wrote:So, don't stick to one dungeon for leveling? I have a run I do that nets me about 70kish experience and is fully populated by the time I'm ready to tackle it again. I'm not going to hand out the run or all the spots but it doesn't even go to Deceit or Shame so I know it's possible.

EDIT: And in approximately the same amount of time it would take you to clear Deceit twice were it to be fully empty...
^^^ so much of this is key to leveling at speed, the interesting thing about deceit is I will clear whats on my way from a->b if I am passing and stuff is spawned but I rarely use it , rely on it, or think of it when it comes to leveling and speed, its far too over advertised. there is actually quite alot of spots that give just as much xp in the same time spent at a short distance from the felucca entrance. But very much like Pariah its not exactly my job to give a road map.

I am however a nice guy and will offer one hint. Looking at dungeons as a whole is often the biggest mistake to the impact/speed think of spawn locations in sections. it might be that a passage through a dungeon while skipping vast portions of it will serve as a passage to another location, or focusing on one specific floor of a dungeon and ignoring others, a section of an overland map with specific creatures and a lap shaped layout etc etc etc.. Approaching it from a clear it mentality can often slow you down immensely.
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Ok, question time, since this thread is devolving.

Does your strategy/routes change between leveling a WW weapon as opposed to a non WW weapon?
Character name: Ebony
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Depends on the wep. If it doesn't have double strike, etc., I'll use momentum strike, but the locations pretty much stay the same. It just takes longer. I haven't leveled a non-WW wep in a while. I would say it takes approximately a third more time.
tiggerjlk
Elder Scribe

Post by tiggerjlk »

I think the balance is good the way it is:

1 ED a day from voting will take 200 days to buy a leveled weapon
Casual game play, maybe 5 hours during weekdays, and a few more during the weekend to level, will take a little less than 200 days. Assuming not every minute is spent leveling weapons.
Gold farming casually to save up for the ED's, will take maybe 100 - 150 days, if the money only goes towards ED's. Otherwise, maybe 200 days.
Of course, all the time goes down, if you play a lot, and/or farm a lot.

There is no one easiest way, or everyone would take the easiest way. There are several options, and all cost about the same time/effort/gold/ED's. So you can pick which one you are most willing to do, to accomplish your goal.

I have relayered several Spirit of the Totem's but I bought them all. I would rather buy them, than farm for them. Someone else is willing to sit and farm for them, so the balance works out.

I also, never just run to a dungeon and clear it out, unless I don't have a lot of time to play. I tend to clear out whatever crosses my path, including towns.

I would like to see the occasional town chest randomly spawn in a random building that has something cool in it ;)
Soylentgreen
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

Annachie wrote:Ok, question time, since this thread is devolving.

Does your strategy/routes change between leveling a WW weapon as opposed to a non WW weapon?
Its a very personal thing from player to player. But in my case I can say that depending on the weapon it can vary, not by much in most cases but say I have a very low powered weapon like a skinning knife with resists for example (worst time ever) I may tune the route to lean toward monsters that have less hitpoints and it ends up overall faster than if I had gone the regular way for a whirlwind weapon. On the flip side of that with a whirlwind weapon or very high damage type I often will include the opposite, monsters that take a little bit more that give a slightly bigger xp payoff.

Having said that I am a bit of a cerebral sort of player and am prone to such experimentation and micromanagement.
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011