Potential Touria Housing: Input needed

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

Would you pay a fee to have your houses moved to Touria?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:50 pm

Yes
67%
No
29%
I don't plan to ever have more than 5 houses
5%
I don't plan to ever have more than 2 houses
No votes

Total votes: 21

Alex
Legendary Scribe

Re: Potential Touria Housing: Input needed

Post by Alex »

Quick question:

This is straight from the wiki on Touria: "No bracelets of binding, gate travel, or any other means of bypassing the only way into and out of the facet."

Does this mean to access a house on Touria you will need to walk there from the entrance into facet? So no placement of house teleporters, etc. ?

Sorry if this was already addressed but I have been out a few days and not completely up to speed on the housing threads from this weekend.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Essentially Touria the adventure-facet will be different rules from having your homes in Touria-green-acres. You will be able to do the normal stuff (mark, recall, BoBs etc) in the housing area. But, you won't be able to get from the green acres areas to the adventure parts of Touria, as Touria-the-facet will have a quest required for entry.
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

I wonder if it could be set up where a guild leader, for instance, buys up the 20x20 area (for instance) and then sells spaces for guild members to place homes inside the compound... making it less staff-worky? LOL Then again it may make it more staff-worky. And yes... staff-worky is my new word *nods*
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I think what we'd do is that the GL would buy the space, and then they would page to authorize us to place a house for so-and-so. So-and-so would then also page to say 'yes I want my house moved' or 'yes please place that plot for me' and we would do so like a regular house placement. If the GL wanted to charge a fee to the guildmember to help pay for the overall section, they could. But, if it went wrong later, it'd be a similar rule as to other player-to-player disputes, we would not get involved. So the GL would need to take that risk by allowing someone to move into their section. You might be stuck with them if it goes wrong and they don't want to move.
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

Make the area PvP allowed. simple! *LOL* Just kidding :)
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

:lool:
Sick P
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Sick P »

+N makes a very good point. If things went wrong between guild members and they owned a share of the guild property, it would be a inconvenience dealing with that problem and potentially having to accept that someone could be a stick in the mud.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Yep, but at the same time, I don't see any reason to disallow it, for those that would want to try it anyway. Plus there are several families who'd probably want a family compound and each still keep their own separate houses. Guilds may still want to have a big guildhouse, with the guildmaster's personal homes also in the same section, or a guild hall with a separate guild vendor mall, etc. It's got a lot of good uses, so I think even with the potential for issues that the staff wouldn't get involved in handling, it's a worthwhile service to offer.
Sick P
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Sick P »

Perhaps it could be possible to have it so if players sell plots to guild members, that those plots may be moved to another location if the guild or member decides to leave, and the open space may be re-aquired for the original cost by the guild.
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

I would be willing to pay a fee to move all of my plots...

My question is due to the location my current 40+ plots are at I have had to make the choice to go with smaller sized houses to make them all fit .... With this would all of the houses be able to be resized to the 18x18 size ? and the other quesiton would be regarding the foundation sink... Since you are talking green acres I am wondering would you be restricted to 1 full floor or 3 ?

Thanks
Lestat
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Sick P wrote:Perhaps it could be possible to have it so if players sell plots to guild members, that those plots may be moved to another location if the guild or member decides to leave, and the open space may be re-aquired for the original cost by the guild.
This just isn't a viable option because it involves far too much management by the staff. First off, where do we force a player to move to? If we move them to another area of green acres 'temporarily' (since they didn't buy it), what happens when they refuse to find a new location? The staff sure aren't going to go hunting around for a house spot for people. We also can't just drop someone's houses because some other player changed their mind about allowing 'em to live in their compound area. So the most fair solution for all involved and the best solution for the staff is to just make it so the owner has control over who places there, but they can't force them out via staff intervention.
lestatzero wrote:My question is due to the location my current 40+ plots are at I have had to make the choice to go with smaller sized houses to make them all fit .... With this would all of the houses be able to be resized to the 18x18 size ? and the other quesiton would be regarding the foundation sink... Since you are talking green acres I am wondering would you be restricted to 1 full floor or 3 ?
You'd be able to pay the usual fees to re-place your smaller plots with larger ones once you moved your plots to the new area. As for foundation sinking- that works fine in green acres. Basements work also, and as far as I can tell, it should work for multiple floors underground.
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

Thanks for the quick answer +Nyx ... I was assuming the fee for a gm placed house would be charged for each house that needed to be upgraded in size ... Would the Sink deeds already purchased be transferable to the updated plot ? IE: a 14x14 with 1 floor sink turned into a 18x18 ... would the sink transfer over ? .. I ask because i know you can't just change the size of the plot the origional one would have to be deleted and the new one made in it s place ...

Thanks again.

Lestat
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

It'd be the same as it is today, you lose the old plot and all its upgrades, you repurchase them on the new plot if you want them.
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

House design is one of the things I love most about UO and being able to yard item 10 spaces in each direction would be amazing. I have to ask though, how much might this transfer fee be? It'll give those of us who aren't rolling in gold or ED time to save up. Thanks!
Sailor Jerry
Elder Scribe

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Love this, can't wait for this, you'll rock! This meets one of our long term goals and will make our designer/deco member an extremely happy camper.

One question for you... we're currently renting with the hopes something would free up; then this dream come true happened. With that said, will we be able to purchase a max compound even though we don't have anything to transfer?