Announcing player's wealth

Vote on the shard-related matters and/or give your arguments.

Should we release the list of top 10 people in the game?

Yes
63%
No
32%
Can't decide
4%

Total votes: 178

Nelapsi
Legendary Scribe

Re: Announcing player's wealth

Post by Nelapsi »

[quote="Larsa"]What if the "EXEX" market crashes? Or we have a huge EX recession? Nothing is safe... not even the towns' local banks... I say spent it all...and fast!
[/quote]

You might think that is funny but we had a restart a few months back right before an auction, after we all logged back in exex was all blank. Which was scary because I keep all my gold on it. Ended up taking another restart before my heart started beating again.
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

you and me both nel. you and me both.
Danilo Thann
Elder Scribe

Post by Danilo Thann »

Would rather see who makes the most gold in a week/month... Seems to me this would be more appropriate... Might ask them how they do it... Or figure out who to watch if the economic balance because unstable... So you know which holes to plug... unless of course it is a fair number of gold/items...
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Post by BlaZe »

Another 3-year-old topic brought back from the dead.. There should be an 'auto-lock thread after X days of no replies' feature. :P

If this does happen (which is very unlikely after this long, unless there's a huge sway of interest), should only gold be counted? I personally spend nearly every coin on EDs, then use those almost instantly when I have enough. Sure, someone could sit at the #8 spot with 20m gold, yet the person at #10 may have 15m but with 3,000EDs in relayers.
Kaiana
Elder Scribe

Post by Kaiana »

In the older posts he said "Gold, Tokens, and Ex Dollars."

Personally even though I don't really play anymore, I think it would be simple business to attach another variable to each player: "IsBalanceVisible", a bool value that would include or remove them from the list. That way people who don't want their info shown could opt out of being on the list with some command like [moneyrankoption false or something.
Licos
Elder Scribe

Post by Licos »

Interesting concept. But, I would only be for it if it was set to off by default.
Also...why would it matter how much gold or ED another people have?

Licos
sirboss
Novice Scribe

Post by sirboss »

I think Who begged the most gold
who played the most Champ spawns
most kills
most tames
most deaths
etc.
that would be somthing noobies could do to.

also have a 1-3 month list so people might stay. they say if you do somthing for over 30 days it becomes habit!!!
Harbertown
Adept Scribe

Post by Harbertown »

I say No, I don't know why it matters who has the most. Also, I think most of us know which players have the most by now anyway (cough) Alex ...

All most people do is run a stupid script that kills Balrons all day long, HOW FUN....NOT....I wish you guys would do something to stop this kind of play honestly. I mean besides the fact it hogs the kills from other players, it just seems like an abuse of scripting imo. I mean yeah, yeah, maybe they aren't all "AFK" but they might as well be lol